cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Miles/Kms cumulation: exceeding of cumulation limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone explain this config to me?

I don't know how it works according to different settings.

This config can be accessed from the path below:

Travel Management > Travel Expenses > Dialog and Travel Expenses Control > Travel Expenses Control > Travel Expenses Control (Expert View)

Here you decide how the miles/kilometers of a trip are to be valuated if the miles/kilometers limits specified in view V_T706F for miles/kms cumulation are exceeded.

The miles/kilometers of the trip are valuated

0 : According to the upper interval

1 : According to the lower interval

2 : By exact miles/kilometers (split)

Can anyone explain the difference of these 3 settings with some examples?

Thanks a lot

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

1. Lower Interval and Upper Interval

Upper interval is a triggering point after which the mileage rates will be taken different.

Lower interval will be always 99999.

In our above example case upper interval was at 100.

2. How does the system detect that the user has traveled 90KM in previous trip?

Check the table PTRV_KMSUM. It will store the total Accumulated Km traveled by user in particular period (defined as period parameter)

Only the settled tripu2019s data will be stored in this table,

3. To set a maximum Miles/Kms so that, for example, a company will only reimburse up to 500KM per month.

Absolutely correct, period parameter and Miles/Kms Limit is one of option. Try the below path to get other options for Cumulation procedure dependent on Vehicle Type/Class.

Travel Expenses-> Trip Reimbursement Amounts -> Miles/Km Cumulation

Do let me know for any query.

Thanks,

Vaibhav Sharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vaibhav sharan,

*How to limit that a user can only get reimbursed for certain Miles/Kms in each month?

For example, a user can only reimburse up to 1000 Miles/Kms in each month.*

Besides, I've tested about the upper interval and lower interval in my system, and i got the following result:

Config in system:

$100 to 100 Miles/Kms

$200 to 200 Miles/Kms

$300 to 300 Miles/Kms

Then I put 150KM in Travel Expense Manager and simulate the result.

When I used "0 Miles/Kms for trip are valuated acc. to upper interval", system will calculate the amount with rate $200.

When I used "1 Miles/Kms for trip are valuated acc. to lower interval", system will calculate the amount with rate $100.

In my case, do you think there's anything wrong with my system?

Is the upper interval and lower interval in my system correct?

Thanks

Edited by: Mr Potato on Jan 13, 2010 4:18 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, I have the same problem

can you give me more detail on the customizing setting?

is it just customized the V_T706F - Trip Provision: Flat Rates for Travel Costs?

but, why when I put number in miles field in PR05, the system said there is no entry in tabel T706F??

or any other table need to be filled?

thanks

Edited by: nzworld on Feb 2, 2010 3:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi..

I'm new to travel,

can anyone guide me through this step? (about mileage cumulation, what tabel related to this? that maybe I need to define..)

still can get it right?

it bring error message, every time I put number in miles field, in PR05.

thx a lot..

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I will try to explain at my best.

If you see the u2018V_T706F - Trip Provision: Flat Rates for Travel Costsu2019 for every combination Vehicle type and Vehicle class there is a field u2018Miles/Km Limitu2019 - Limit for Miles/Kilometers Accumulation by Periods. This field is use to define to scale miles/kms flat rates according to the distance traveled by the employee within a certain interval (cumulation period).

Now lets take a Business case where company want to give rates 10 ps for first 100 Km traveled in a year and 5ps after the km traveled by user for particular vehicle type. This configuration is used for this Business need only.

So for the above Business case you will have to define two rates in V_T706F for particular vehicle. First 10 ps rate with 100km in field u2018Miles/Km Limitu2019 that will be your lower limit and u2018Upper intervalu2019. Second 5 ps rate with entry 99999 in field u2018Miles/Km Limitu2019 that will be your upper limit and u2018Lower intervalu2019. 99999 is SAP standard and should not be changed.

Now user will be able to receive 10 ps rate till he travel 100 km and after that he will receive only 5 ps.

Let assume the case he already accounted for 90km. He submitted the trip now where he is eligible to get rates for 20Km. Config done in Expert view will guide system how to tackle this situation.

Different entries will make payment in this way:

0 : According to the upper interval: User will be paid for 20km with rate 10ps

1 : According to the lower interval : User will be paid for 20km with rate 5ps

2 : By exact miles/kilometers (split): User will be paid for 10km with rate 10ps and 10 km with 5ps = Total 15ps.

Recommended will be always u201C 2 - By exact miles/kilometers (split).

Hope this helps you!

Cheers,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vaibhav sharan,

Sorry, I'm a bit confused with the word "Lower Interval" and "Upper Interval", can you explain to me how to determine which onw is lower which one is upper?

Besides, according to your example, how does the system detect that the user has travelled 90KM in previous trip?

After the 90KM-trip has been approved or after it is settled?

And can I know how can we set a maximum Miles/Kms so that, for example, a company will only reimburse up to 500KM per month?

By using the period parameter and Miles/Kms Limit only?

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by: Mr Potato on Jan 8, 2010 4:26 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi How system knows to pickup Lower and higher rates once it reaches the specified miles.

Thanks in advance

Raj