cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance limit for Invoice ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Can anybody explain me about the tolerance limit for incoming invoice ...??

What is tolerance limit and why its need here in SAP ..??

Can anybody give me some explaination with example.

Thanks

SAP-MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First Understand the Type of Varience

1. Quantity variance: For a purchase order, the open quantity to invoice is a result of the delivered quantity and the quantity already invoiced. There is a quantity variance if the invoice quantity does not match this open quantity. At the absolute upper limit, the quantity variance is evaluated on the basis of the amount in the invoice item. This means that invoice items with a small amount result in a relatively large quantity variance, and that invoice items with a large amount result in a small variance. You can also define percentage limits for the quantity variance check, for which the system does not take account of the purchase order price.

2. Price variance: There is a price variance if the invoice price (invoice amount divided by the invoice quantity) is not the same as the PO net price. In cases where the price in the purchase order is flagged as an estimated price, you can set up special tolerances.

3. PO price quantity variance: There is a PO price quantity variance if the relationship between the PO price quantity and the PO quantity in the invoice is different than at goods receipt (or, if no goods receipt has been posted, different than agreed in the purchase order).

4. Date variance: For each item, the system creates the product from the amount * (planned delivery date - invoice entry date) and compares this product with the absolute upper limit you have defined. This means that invoice items with a small amount result in a relatively large date variance, and that invoice items with a large amount result in a small variance.

You define tolerances in Customizing for:

1. Quantity variances

2. Price variances

3. Purchase order price quantity variances

4. Date variances

Hope Help U !

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

pardeep_malik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You set tolerance limits for each variance type in Customizing for Materials Management under Logistics Invoice Verification u2192 Invoice Block u2192 Set Tolerance Limits.

For E.g.

AN	Amount for item without order reference
AP	Amount for item with order reference
BD	Form small differences automatically
BR	Percentage OPUn variance (IR before GR)
BW	Percentage OPUn variance (GR before IR)
DQ	Exceed amount: quantity variance
DW	Quantity variance when GR qty = zero
KW	Var. from condition value 

You can enter tolerances for lower and upper limits. There is a difference between limits for percentage and absolute variances. If one of these limits is exceeded,the system issues a warning message. If one of the upper limits is exceeded, the

invoice is blocked for payment.

For each tolerance limit, you must decide whether the system should check for this variance. If you set all limits for a tolerance key to Do not check, the system does not perform a check. This means that the system accepts all variances without exception.

If you want to make sure that a certain variance is always blocked, set the value or percentage for the upper limit to zero and select Check limit.

Hope Help U !

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ther are lot of tolerance limit

it s us is to block the LIV from paying to vendor or stoping from posting the LIV if it goes beyound set limits

eg if i have BD: Form small differences automatically

if in po i have callculater amount to me 10010.59

and the invoice is send by vendor is 10010

while posting it will show the diffrence of 0.59

so how muct is permittable limit can be set in BD

if this is not set then what ever the amount invoice comes from vendor will be posted and amount will be paid with out notice

in this way there are many other limits that can be set

VP: Moving average price variance

PP: Price variance

DW: Quantity variance when GR quantity = zero

BW: Percentage OPUn variance (GR before IR)

u can see the help for the set tolerance limit for more details

hope this helps u

Former Member
0 Kudos

thnaks

If i dot want to maintain any tolerance linmits , in this i m getting error this error .

What setting i have to do for ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

if u will not maintain any then u will get erroe

first at the time of MIGO

for VP

and if u only maintain VP gr can be done

and MIRO will be also done only if ther eis no variation to any of the keys in tolerance

say for eg u have only done the setting for VP

anfd ther is small diffrence say po value is 1001 and invoice is send 1000 by vendor

system wuill give error for BD small diffrence as u have not dont the settikng

so u will have to do the setting for all the keys

to avoind any error if there is diffrence in any case

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if we do not want it is required to maintain tolerance limit. The reason is it is practically impossibel to have perfect condition always. A good example will be your exchange rate , one never knows what will be the exchange rate on the MIRO date, so naturally the variance and the tolerance related to it comes into picture.

Regards

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos