cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DBDriver failed to load dbd_oci.dll (not a valid Win32) (WIS 10901)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to access universe through WEB INTELLIGENCE but the connection is giving me following error

DBDriver failed to load dbd_oci.dll (not a valid Win32) (WIS 10901)

"A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

)" . (WIS 10901)"

As per the documentation , web intelligence uses BO server connection while tools like Designer uses local connection.

I am working on BO server only , both tool should use the same connection.

BO Server : bosmserv

Oracle : Oracle 10.2.0.4 , client 10.2.0.4

Connection to database schema is working through universe designer and System DSN but not through Web Intelligence.

In addition JDBC connection to the same databse schema is giving me following error CS: Java Class not found in classpath : oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver

Please suggest.

Note : I have already applied following note :

1378354 - If we create the webi document, the error occured "The specified module could not bi found(dbd_oci.dll), (WIS 10901)"

Regards

Arif

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I followed the steps to create the relational  JDBC connection for oracle 10 G

1. Opened

"c:\program files\business objects\businessobjects enteprise  dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\oracle.sbo" file,

1. In  the class path section added the line "<path>c:/lib/ojdbc14.jar</path>" (need to copy ojdbc14.jar to the specified location from oracle client )
  2. Added  ojdbc14.jar to environmental class path variable 
  3. Connected to Oracle - DB both from Information design tool and Universal design tool
  4. It is in windows 7 – 64 bit env
Former Member
0 Kudos

i had same issue!you need install oracle client in the bo server,and test the connection again.if not available try the command below:

sqplus /nolog

conn user/pass@service name

if the command works the universe should work either,otherwise the user in boe server is not administrator.after you conform the connection make sure restart sia which is the last but not least thing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

How to register oracle client driver files into Windows 2003 properly ? I installed [oracle client for win x32|http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html] I've tryed to find some setup file but it didn't exist in folder where I've unpacked archive. BO still doesn't see files like ociw32.dll or files for jdbc connection (((

I have BO Server and Oracle DB on two different hosts/

Edited by: antoxic87 on Oct 27, 2011 1:14 PM

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can't use Instant client, you need to download and install a full 32bit Oracle client, use Admin option when installing, then setup your tnsnames.ora and then restart the machine - then BOE will recognize the drivers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Oracle Database Express Edition 11g Release 2|http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/express-edition/downloads/index.html] - is this enough?

denis_konovalov
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/enterprise-edition/downloads/112010-win32soft-098987.html

you need :

Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Client (11.2.0.1.0) for Microsoft Windows (32-bit)

win32_11gR2_client.zip (684,581,290 bytes)

Contains the Oracle Client Libraries. Download if you want the client libraries only.

However, check Supported Platforms guide for the exact version of supported Oracle drivers for your version and patch level of BOE.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where I can edit PATH?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have file dbd_oci.dll in [disk_name]:\Program Files\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need oci.dll which comes with the Oracle instant client (or the regular Oracle client).

To set path:

1.From the desktop, right-click My Computer and click Properties.

2.In the System Properties window, click on the Advanced tab.

3.In the Advanced section, click the Environment Variables button.

4.Finally, in the Environment Variables window, highlight the Path variable in the Systems Variable section and click the Edit button. Add or modify the path lines with the paths you wish the computer to access. Each different directory is separated with a semicolon.

It might just be easier for you to install the regular Oracle client. If you do use the instant client, I'd suggest using Oracle's documentation as they'd probably explain it better than I can.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I had tried many ways but I still can't solve this error, can anyone tell me how to solve it?

OS of the Server: Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise 64 bits

SAP BO : BI 4.0 with SP2

DB: Oracle 11g , 64 bits

Problem: When I create a new relational connection in Information Design Tools, it pop up an error state that:

DBDriver failed to load : ...SAP BusinessObjects\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\drivers\lib32\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.)

So far What I had done are:

1) I checked the PATH windows variable and the D:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin directory is inside the PATH.

2) Restart SIA and Server

3) I download the Install Client and this do not solve the error also.

I can connect to the Oracle by using SQLPLUS and TNSPING also can ping the oracle database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try this1 by 1

1) Restarted the SIA from the CCM

2)Also you could check the PATH variable

Right click on My computer-->Advanced tab. Environment variables in that tab. Check the path in system variables and if the path of your oracle client is not there include it like this C:\Oracle\Ora10_2\BIN ,Also make sure of the tnsentry in your local machine.

3)need the path to your oracle home, not BO's connection server.

I tried second method and it worked like charm

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had tried this 3 steps and the error still pop up.

The path I put is the Oracle client directory, D:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\client_1\bin

Anyone manage to solve this error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved installing Oracle Client 11g 32 Bits (Administration option)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you install the 32 bit client? Is there an oci.dll in the oracle bin directory?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed tools clients and BO 4.0 in the same server.

I can't access a universe because error:

"A database error occured. The database error text is: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : C:\Program Files (x86)\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\dbd_oci.dll (%1 is not a valid Win32 application.

)" . (WIS 10901)"

Now probe all this

What additional work do I do?

former_member188911
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

seems a missing or corrupt installation, however I suggest installation of clients and server in different boxes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I installed clients tools in other box and I created universe with a jdbc.

All this is ok but now I have this error:

Error de base de datos: (CS) "DBDriver failed to load : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.businessobjects.connectionserver.java.drivers.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver [com.businessobjects.connectionserver.java.drivers.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver]" . (IES 10901) (WIS 10901)

What can I do??

The classpath is ok and I edited jdbc.sbo, oracle.sbo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For those still facing this problem, I found a solution:

Just add the appropriate ojdbc path to the jdbc.sbo file.

See:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=125877&view=next&sid=6a9408c368ba919dbb7630b8cddba...

Edited by: Dirk Ewering on Apr 12, 2010 9:06 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

[Problem]

I've got the exactly same error message "server is not responding SBO0001. DBD: java class not found in classpath" when creating a new universe on Universe Designer of BusinessObjcts XI 3.1.

[Solution]

Find "c:\program files\business objects\businessobjects enteprise 12.0[win32_x86\dataAccess\connectionServer\jdbc\jdbc.sbo" file, and add the following line "<path>c:/lib/ojdbc14.jar</path>".

[Problem]

I've got the exactly same error message "java class not found in classpath" when creating a new report in CrystalReports XI.

[Solution]

Find "c:\program files\business objects\common\3.5(or 4.0)\java\crconfig.xml" file, and add the following "c:\lib\ojdbc14.jar;" at the beggining of <classpath>xxx</classpath>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had this same error using a version of Business Objects Enterprise for HP Storage Essentials,

the fix was to add the Oracle Client folder into the Path environament variable.

for example the resulting PATH:

Path = C:\Oracle\instantclient_11_1;C:\HP\SRMReportOptimizer\jre\bin;C:\Oracle\Ora10\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;

%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

The folder C:\Oracle\instantclient_11_1 was added on to the front of the variable,

After making that change I restarted the SIA and now we get data in the reports.