cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Call transaction in a BSP scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I encountered a problem the other day with using a BAPI in a BSP application. Within this BAPI a call transaction was made. After reading several posts in this forum and the very interesting blog BSP In-Depth: MESSAGE Statement Handling /people/mark.finnern/blog/2003/09/16/bsp-in-depth-message-statement-handling of Brian, it became clear to me that message types E,A and X during this call transaction cause HTTP error 500 no dump info and termination of the session. All in all not so much fun.

After having an OSS message battle with SAP, their final conclusion was: it is not possible and there are no alternatives.

Unsatisfied I tried to find a solution. And I found one, which I would like to share with you as it might cause more people problems.

To be short, read the weblog from brian for more info, the main problem is the use of a 'very dark' dynpro when logged in with a bsp application. This session is of type Plug-in HTTP. If we call the BAPI/RFC with DESTINATION NONE a RFC type session is opened. With such a session the message type E,A and X result in 'normal' behaviour, that is the BAPI returns message type E.

This doesnt work with Function modules which are not RFC enabled, however most of the times it is easy to create a RFC enabled wrapper around it.

Have fun,

Vincent

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh you mighty Vincent, you're our hero!

Greetz M + R

former_member181879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Vincent,

Many thanks for taking the time to write this down! I have actually learned something new tonight. Very simple and ellegant solution to this problem. If you don't mind, I would like to add this into the <a href="/people/brian.mckellar/blog/2003/10/23/bsp-trouble-shooting-frequently-asked-short-questions">FAQ</a>. This is something that is sure to help other people as well!

regards, brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sure, no problem.