cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc structure mismatch between SAP R/3 and PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is an interface in PI which receives IDoc from SAP R/3 system. I have been facing an issue of IDoc structure mismatch (in terms of data present in it) between SAP R/3 and when PI receives the IDoc.

To be more precise,

In SAP R/3 system, the value ABC is present in the field DOCNUM in the IDoc.

But when the PI receives the same IDoc from SAP R/3 (as seen in Integration Engine), the value ABC is present in a different field and the DOCNUM field is empty.

<DOCNUM></DOCNUM>

<ARCKEY>ABC</ARCKEY>

The first step towards resolution was to delete and reimport the IDoc metadata from SAP R/3 in PI system using IDX2, which did not help in this case.

Could anyone please help in resolving the field mismatch between the IDoc triggered from SAP R/3 and the IDoc received by PI.

Regards,

Prajeet

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just a try delete the metadata and send an idoc again from R/3 ..Dont import metadata..as it will be imported at runtime...

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Even I had tried that option. I just deleted the metadata. An Idoc was triggered from R/3. The metadata was automatically loaded in PI.

But still the IDoc mismatch is seen.

Regards,

Prajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure what is causing exactly to get mismatch the data..

but is that a show stopper for you..as i feel control record is just used for sending the data to other systems...

what matters is the segments data...is the segment data also getting mismatched or it is proper...if it is proper you can proceed...

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

IDX_RESET_METADATA worked for me a couple of time when deleting IDOC metadata from IDX2 didn't work. Its worth giving a try.

-Siva Maranani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Since we are on SP18, the IDX_CHECK_METADATA report was run in PI. But the result yielded 'no difference'.

Just to add more information, the IDoc is a standard SYSTAT01. The segment data has the field DOCNUM which is used.

Regards,

Prajeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prajeet ,

Is the Issue resolved ?

Regards ,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Santosh or PrajeetSJ or anyone.

we are facing the same problem. Did you resolved that issue?

Thank you

former_member611181
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the versions in receiver communication channel and you ECC system.

Generally this happens whenever there is a version difference. System will be in ambigous state and it fills data incorrectly.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

lars_ruhnau2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prajeet,

it's long ago but your question has not been finally solved, so let me try to give you an answer. We are facing the same problem after patching our PI.

I think the reason for the different behaviour is related to SAP note 1233908, where SAP has changed the IDoc adapter.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1233908

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has this scenario ever worked before?

Perhaps patching the Repository content, updating the adapter metadata might help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Re-check few things again..

1. Make sure if it is Z-IDOC/Z-extension then it was released from R3.

2. Makr sure you have imported the latest activated version (in case of z-idoc) of IDOC into PI from R3.

3. There could be an issue with cache so refresh the cahch too

4. Make sure the system from where you are uploading the Metadata is same from where you are triggering the idoc or if other system then it must have the same version of IDOC.

Regards,

Sarvesh