Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ambiguity between Indirect role assignment and OOSB profiles assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

while implementing HR Authroizations I have confuson between indirect roles assignment to the positions and the authorizations assignment via OOSB.

If you assign OOSB profiles ,are we really mapping PFCG profiles to these profiles inderectly to these OOSB profiles, if how it?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hari

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You assign the structural profile to the user via OOSB. This governs their structural access. This is not the same as the standard authorisation profiles that are associated with a role.

Their transactional access via normal role is assigned to the position and the user inherits the access from the position that they are assigned to.

You can assign a role to a position a few ways. The ones I have used are via the org assignment tab in PFCG or through PO13

You can see more info at: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bb/bdb31e575911d189240000e8323d3a/content.htm

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You assign the structural profile to the user via OOSB. This governs their structural access. This is not the same as the standard authorisation profiles that are associated with a role.

Their transactional access via normal role is assigned to the position and the user inherits the access from the position that they are assigned to.

You can assign a role to a position a few ways. The ones I have used are via the org assignment tab in PFCG or through PO13

You can see more info at: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/bb/bdb31e575911d189240000e8323d3a/content.htm

0 Kudos

Hi Hari,

You can manage structural profile to users in different wasys :

In User-based you need to make the entry in OOSB .

Additionaly you need to make the restriction in context authorization in HR.Standard logic determines the useru2019s structural profiles by reading the values in the useru2019s P_ORGINCON authorization object

And also you can manage the same by position in PP01 using PD profiles.