cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining multiple Query Views built with Analyzer into one Workbook?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry if this question has already been answered. I am trying to combine multiple queries into one workbook to improve the process of updating queries.

In past posts I have seen the proposition of right click on tab and copy over to new workbook this looses the functionality of the query. Does anyone have a solution on how to combine multiple queries?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pl. try this link.

[http://sapsolutions.searchsap.com/kw;BexAnalyzer/content-sap.htm|http://sapsolutions.searchsap.com/kw;BexAnalyzer/content-sap.htm]

Thanks

Arun Bala G

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

even i m faceing the same issue i dnt know how to create table with 2 querries merge based upon a join condition could you please help me i searched before postin i couldnt find it..

i have followed the same steps n created bt

1. Create queries you would like to join.

2. Open one of the queries in BEx Analyzer and save it as a workbook.

3. Create two additional tabs in the workbook, and give them names (e.g., query2, results)

4. Edit the query2 tab by adding design items: click BEx Analyzer > Design Toolbar > Insert Analysis Grid

5. Click on the Properties dialog box, change Data Provider's name and click create button.

6. Choose the second query and confirm your choice.

7. Create a table, on the result tab, that merge data form both queries. Save the workbook.

unable to create 7th step could you please help...

Thanks & regards

SV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if you got the answer...I was able to merge 2 tables using Microsoft Query in Excel...Please check the below link in youtube for steps.

Join or Merge Two Tables in Excel Using Microsoft Query - Easy! - YouTube

Former Member
0 Kudos

3. Create two additional tabs in the workbook, and give them names (e.g., query2, results)

4. Edit the query2 tab by adding design items: click BEx Analyzer > Design Toolbar > Insert Analysis Grid

5. Click on the Properties dialog box, change Data Provider's name and click create button.

7. Create a table, on the result tab, that merge data form both queries. Save the workbook.

anju_naidu
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Subramanian ,

From where can i add this Table in to BEx WorkBook.

Can you Please give me the path details.

Thanks & Regards,

Anjan.K

kenneth_lee1
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Subramanian,

Thanks for the tip. I'm able to complete the 2 tabs but I'm having issues on how to combine data from the 2 tabs into one result table. Data comes from the same infoprovider, difference is only current year and last year data where different cost elements were used. Can you please advise?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

This is a good step-by-step guide.

Sometimes, instead creating MultiProvider, it is faster to put two or more queries into one workbook and create separate tab to display joined data. Here are 7 steps to create such a solution:

Please review more on [http://www.bwarea.com/2009/09/how-to-insert-two-queries-into-one-bex.html|http://www.bwarea.com/2009/09/how-to-insert-two-queries-into-one-bex.html]

-

Thanks

Arun Bala G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun, Thanks for the help on this.

Sorry if this is fundamental but when I did this I am getting adjustment to both tabs when I want to adjust basically the same query with different Years for the data to be provided. Is this possible? The place where I put the year in is on the Change Variable Values.

anju_naidu
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Arun,

Can you please guide me how can we create a table in BEX WorkBook sheet.

In case we have sheet 1 :Query1

sheet 2 :Query2

sheet 3 :Result (Merge of Query 1 & Query 2)

Thanks & Regards

Anjan.K

gunesbt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What do you mean by merge? In one table, you can have only one data provider.So in one table, having two queries is not possible.But of course you can add two tables to one sheet and assign them to query 1 and query 2.