Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM - SMTP Outbound email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Environment : PPS 3.0 , SRM 7.0

we set up the SMTP outbound Internet email from SRM. The configuration for the outbound email server, port, and other related config has been done in SRM. The background job rsconn01 has been scheduled to run every 15 minutes.

The issue we are facing is, the oubound email is working, but the email status information in SOST is not displayed immediately (takes around 1 hour to display status), and similarly the email is received by the end user after approximately 1 hour. We tweaked the rsconn01 to run from every half hour to every 15 minutes, but there is no change in the system behaviour.

Please let me know if any one had similiar issue.

Thanks,

Scott.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member693207
Discoverer
0 Kudos

SAP mail with 1 hour delay

Check: time zone S.O and SAP.

tks

Danilo de Souza

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Are you trying to set up offline approval e-mails for workflows?

If so, which report are you using to send out the mails?

Report /SAPSRM/OFFLINEAPPROVALSEND replaced old jobs used in older SRM releases, such as RSWUWFMLEC or RBBP_NOTIFICATION_OFFAPP.

Please, have a look at this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm70/helpdata/EN/31/47c6cb8e9249f2bc29444212e4704a/frameset.htm

I hope this helps you.

Kind regards,

Ricardo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo / Muthu,

Thanks for the reply. I am not setting up offline approval emails. We are testing the outbound email from SRM using SMTP to an external email address. SMTP config has the Internet option selected for delivering email. The email is getting delivered but there is a delay of 1 hour.

We have scheduled the send job RSCONN01 job to run every 15 minutes to process outbound internet emails.

The two issues are

1.) the outbound email status is not showing up immediately in SOST after the test email has been sent from SAP Business workplace in SRM. The status shows up in SOST after 1 hour.

2.) There is a delay of 1 hour to deliver the outbound mail from SRM to the external email address(example : gmail address) .

We checked the SAP outbox tables SWWLOGHIST , SWWWIHEAD and they contain few entries. So these tables are not the cause for the slowness.

Please let me know if you have any information.

Thanks,

Scott

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

I think you have two points to check: SAPconnect and SMTP gateway.

Indeed, either mails in SAPconnect ( SCOT transaction) are not sent immediately to the SMTP gateway by RSCONN01 report when running or STMP getway receives mails correctly from SAPconnect but then are sent late to user(s) mail client.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laurent,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the transmission history in SOST for an email that was sent out successfully.

10:15 am Document sent

10:15 am Waiting for Communication service

11:15 am Message sent to user xyz at abc.com

in SCOT, the status is Waiting for the email that was sent via send 'new message' in SOST.

The puzzle is what is happening between 10:15 am to 11:15 am

Thanks,

Scott

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any job is active for long time.(1hr)

muthu

laurent_burtaire
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Scott,

Check (with production team) technical settings for e-mail by means of:

- OSS note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP,

- basic settings configuration guide for SAP SRM 7.0 (paragraph 5.7 Technical Settings for E-Mail - page 40). This last document deals with profile partner settings ( RZ10 ), client assignment and SAPconnect administration.

If all those settings are correct, so problem is due to mail server: production team will have to check with network/mail server team.

Regards.

Laurent.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Laurent,

Thanks for your feedback. The issue got resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please help me in knowing the delay for the e-mail transmission in SCOT....I am receiving the mail after 5 hours

any configuration changes required ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please let me know what is your resolution for this issue. I am facing the same issue.