cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SM37 - background job delay

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the output list of SM37, what exactly is the "Delay"? Is it a delay from when the job was scheduled to run to when it actually ran? Is it the amount of time that the job was waiting for something or other at various moments during execution? Or a combination of the previous two?

Our system is very quiet, but the majority of background jobs have a delay of up to a minute. There are plenty of background jobs and often these jobs are the only ones running at the time.

Curious to know what's going on here.

Cheers.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 386646 - Event-controlled jobs start with a delay

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes, it is delay from planned the start time to actual start time, the value is depending on few factors.

1) scheduler itself, autoabap execute every 60s, so if you see the delay fall within 60s then it's nothing wrong but normal

2) background work process, if the system is running out of background work process , then the job has to wait (delay) until it's avaiable.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Our system is very quiet, but the majority of background jobs have a delay of up to a minute. There are plenty of background jobs and often these jobs are the only ones running at the time.

If your background work processes are busy and limited in number there will be a delay till one is free. Generally people are asked to run long running background jobs(reports) at night in which case the number of background work processes are increased(RZ04) to cope with the additional jobs. Also, the class(priority) of a job can have an effect on when it is run.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Phil

I came with an issue occurred in my ECC system yesterday the issue was,the background job SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFORMANCE is triggers for every 60 sec and the job is running well for yesterday ,but it had been delayed upto 600 sec yesterday why and what will be the reason for that,Please help me in clearing the issue and with solution ,so i can troubleshoot in future if it occurs

And can u please tell me how to see the programs running in background job ,when they are scheduled

With Regards

Y PavanKumar