cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM status

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

In bom header there is a field called as bom status, which is being used in case of mulitple bom inorder to make a particular bom active or inactive. In this field there is an option called as "active with history requirment", what is the use of this option.

RAJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Is there a report or a transaction where I can see the status (BOM Satus) in a masive way?? I want to check the BOM status on 800 part numbers..

Thks,

Paco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

If we activate the customization in the bom for history , via ECM we will get information in the changes in the BOM with

changes in the versions.

Girish

Former Member
0 Kudos

This BOM status can be used in many ways , in large industries we may use it for Manufacturing , Engg , and Finance ( For Budget BOMs) and while creating bom we can set up this as default 2 i.e inactive , later afater getting approvals from necessary funcational depts, you can change it for 1 so that that BOM can be part of MRP .

For Status 2 you can use it for only reference like Finance team can use for their consting BOM in inactive mode which is not part of MRP .

Hope clear this info to your doubt .

Thanks

sekhar

former_member311089
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response.

Stauts 1-active and status 2-inactive is self explanatory, I would like to know about status 3-Active with history requirment.

RAJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

BOM status 3-Active with history requiremet means, changes done to BOM has to come through a Change number geerated in Engineering change management.

If the customization for the plant is ot active for history requirement, you can set a perticular material alone under change management purview by keeping the header status to 3.

By which whenever you chage the BOM of the header material, system throws a aring message saying , this BOM has history requiment indicator set, please enter change number.

Hope this helps...!

Regards,

Shashi