cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download E-Mail + Attachment from CRM System to Local Harddrive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need to download all E-Mails (incl. Attachment) from the CRM EIC Webclient System to the local

harddrive (alternatively to the server drive). If its possible, I need the relation from the one order

number to the mails (inlc. Attachment).

Does anyone knows where the Mail are stored in the CRM Webclient System? Or can anyone

give me a hint how I can realise a mass download (function module, class, method,...).

The reason is, that the CRM System will be shutdown concerning insolvency and the Mails are

necessary for the liquidation.

Thanks,

Andreas

Edited by: Andreas Faatz on Jan 25, 2010 4:26 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas

If you have already achieved this then can you please share How did you achieve this?

We are also having same situation where EIC system is shuting down and we want to download mails + attachments along with other data.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks!

Viral Shah

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

This sounds very challenging.

Afaik all the mails are stored with their respective SendRequest IDs in a binary table. Do not know which one. Whenever the CRM accesses mails in component BT126H_MAIL it gets the data by sendrequest ID and displays them directly in the WebClient in a javascript editor.

The data passed to the .htm page contains both: message and attachment parts.

My simple approach:

Search for all activities. Hope your mails are linked to activities. Then use the logic mentioned above to get the data from the send requets.

Now you could either forward the mails to a certain inbox over SAP connect or, and this is experimental, get all the binary data into a table of type xstring. Then use the ABAP ZIP class to pack it all up and send a big zipfile to your pc/the servers temp folder.

With the second approach a lot of information might be lost... Or maybe not? It still is in the send requests and as the data in there originated from various sources, it is standard conform. I dissected a mail once in the SAPConnect handler, a lot of body parts (body+attachments) and quite some header information.

cheers Carsten