cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S Waste Management - Document attachment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does anybody worked on scinario of attaching external document (say in PDF format) to either Entry Document for waste or Waste Disposal document.

I was looking for similar scinario of attaching document in Incident Accident Management.

Can it be done without major development ?

Looking forward to your valuable comments

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

Firstly, can you please elaborate on the requirement for attaching external document to either Entry Document or Waste Disposal document, as both are finally document in itself?

Nevertheless, you can maintain any additional information (of unlimited text) in the "Remarks" tab of the "Disposal Documents", and in "Notes" field of "Additonal Data" tab in detail view of the "Entry Document".

The purpose of attaching user defined documents in Incident log is different and hence the availability.

Alternatively, you may opt for "Object Linking" functionality of DMS solution, wherein you can define your own document type having object linking with the "Entry Document" and "Disposal Document" screens. Here, you would have to take help of your technical resource to create screens, sub-screens and define function modules. For details please refer to the following link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Regards,

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

If you are seeing to attach a documen during Incident accident Log creation my opinion would be to use the starndard functionality in Incident accident management. User Defined Texts & Documents.

You upload the documents into SAP DMS. and then attach them to SAP IAM during IAL creation or change.

Additionally SAP is propsed a new portal role - UI for Incident Manager - due to be released with all the good features for near miss, Incidents accidents and also document upload capability, whcih I belive has direct document upload functionality

Please check with your SAP account representative.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jayakumar,

As written in subject I am looking for document attachment functionality in Waste Management process, (similar functionality which is already available for IAM process.) I hope now my question is more clear

Regards

Suhas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suhas,

Yes, You can have external document attachment functionality to your business document. For this you have to use the concept of ArchiveLink - Document Archiving.

There will be no major development required for your requirement. If you are using Archive server then you can store all the external documents into archive server.

If Archive server is not used then all the attachment will be stored in SAP database itself. (Note - Since attachment occupies more space so it is advisable to go with archive server).

GOS (Generic Object service) which will appear in the SAP business document can be used to attach, store and link the external business document.

Note: There are various ways to attach the external document. Solution depends on your requirements.

Let me know if you require more details on this.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Were you able to find the solution. Can you please share.

Thanks

Abbie