cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xcelsius Engage Server End of Life Notice

Former Member
0 Kudos

As part of our initiative to simplify our dashboarding and reporting solutions, we are discontinuing Xcelsius Engage Server product and enhancing Crystal Reports Server dashboarding capabilities. We will continue to provide technical support for Xcelsius Engage Server designer until December 31st, 2011, and have outlined a migration path [here |http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/xcelsius/Xcelsius Engage Server EOL Letter.pdf]that is suitable for existing customers. We encourage you to begin migration plans as soon as possible to ensure minimal disruption of your use of Xcelsius

Thank you for your continued support of SAP and cooperation in this product transition.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is exactly defined within the term live data? We use Xcelsius SWF files to connect with webservices we developed to save data into our corporate database. We also use SWF files in which we use webserviceconnection to receive data, for example the current weather tempature. Do we need to have viewing licences for these SWF files?!?!

Regards,

Richard

Former Member
0 Kudos

BUMP

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> What is exactly defined within the term live data? We use Xcelsius SWF files to connect with webservices we developed to save data into our corporate database. We also use SWF files in which we use webserviceconnection to receive data, for example the current weather tempature. Do we need to have viewing licences for these SWF files?!?!

>

> Regards,

>

> Richard

I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Thanks,

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Xcelsius Viewing licenses are required for viewing SWF files connected to external data sources via XML data feeds, Web services, QAAWS, LiveOffice etc.

Xcelsius Viewing licenses are included with Xcelsius Engage u2013 meaning that you donu2019t need to purchase Xcelsius Viewing licenses to view Xcelsius Engage SWF files with live data connections. Note that Xcelsius Engage only allows 2 live data connection per SWF file

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is this true even if the swf files are on a non-BO/SAP environment (our own intranet site) and not connected to a BO/SAP db? If so, how are the licenses monitored?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

So if a swf file that is connected to live data is exported to an intranet site (not on Crystal Report server), will a license still be required? Or will it not be possible to export to anything but Crystal Report server?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will be able to export your models to CRS and any other environments that support SWF files. A viewing license is required for viewing dashboards connected to live data sources. CRS includes 50, 100 named users licenses ( depending on the version you migrated to) for viewing connected dashboards inside and/or outside CRS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have an intranet site that I use for displaying dashboards/charts created in Xcelsius, but they are created with Xcelsius pro 4.5 (not connected to live sources). With Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise, if I export a swf file to our intranet site, and I want it to be connected to a db, how will it be possible to limit viewing those files to only licenses users?

John

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI John,

You can use any of our server products (Crystal Reports Serve, BusinessObjects Enterprise etc) to control who can access your dashboards or set up the appropriate security polcies to allow only the people with valid user/pass to view the data ( XC will honor those security policies).

Takin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have looked at the migration plan, but I am not clear about what I need to do. Can somebody contact me to explain my options now that you have discontinued this product? Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

You donu2019t need to do anything. Our maintenance renewal team, will be contacting you over the next couple of weeks to get your migration process started.

Regards, Takin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the update.

Requesting you to help me with the immediate replacement to xcelsius sharepoint integration.

I need to export only Xcelsius not with Crystal Reports.

Regards,

Chinmay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

We are not discontinuing Xcelsius SharePoint Integration capabilities. The integration kit is available in Xcelsius Enterprise.

Regards, Takin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We use Xcelsius 2008 Enterprise 5.3.0.0. Build Number 12,3,0,670. (SP3)

All we need is "Export to Sharepoint" option which gives an SWF which can be further used in "Portlet generation utility" to generate an .WAR file. We are actually trying to use the WAR file in Liferay.

Please help.

Thanks

Manivannan.