Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application Objects in report management

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all,

in EH&S Customizing you can add further application objects (IMG acitivty Specify Report Applications in the Report Management section in Customizing for Product Safety.)

This seems to be used not so often. I recently realized that by using this option you can use further function modules to "support" searches/inquieries in the report tree.

As this option isn't well documented I would ask you if you have some experience with the use of this option.

a.) what exactly can I do there (IMG acitvity Specify Report Applications in the Report Management section in Customizing for Product Safety.) to enhance EH&S functionality

b.) what does that mean regarding definition of generation variant

That means: if you "enhance" the EH&S system by a new application object I would assume that to use it you must assign the new object additionally to the generation variant (submaster and matmater a general applications objects in the area of MSDS)

SAP EH&S cg50/cg54 transactions are not "nice". You can not add (to my knowledge) in the search screen futher user exits. The user exits which are available can be used only if you have created a hit list (report tree).

So actually It seems to be that may be using other "application objects" there could be the option to enhance the search options oin cg50/c54.

Hope that any body has used this option yet and can give me a feedback regarding it. Thanks in advance.

With best regards

C.B.

ps. Please do not answer to this post. I will generate a new one. Using this one I could not provide you points. Sorry

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Mar 23, 2010 8:47 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello CB

These are some of my thoughts on your discussion thread.

Report application is used to get the data from the objects which you want to include in Reports like for Quality management if you want to put the data in EHS - may be you can expand the functionality.

Regarding CG50 / 54 - what is the additional functionality you want to carry out using User Exit - if they are available. Because its a search Functionality based on different application objects which you mentioned in "Report Application" configuration.

Thanks

Jayakumar

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Jayakumar,

first many thanks for your ideas and input. Because of some reaons there was the need to "modify" in the past the cg54/cg50 screen because of lack of search criterias. I am just thinking about if this "report application topic" can be used to remove the modifications and I am not sure about that.

The relevant user exists in cg54/cg50 can only be used if a hitlist exists and this was not accepted by the customer as an alternative.

What is not so clear and I hope that may be you could once again come back with useful ideas/thoughts etc. is this:

My understanding of this SAP EH&S option is that you can create a "customer specific" F4 help, but you can not totally "redesign" the search screen. Is this the same impression like you have?

The main reason of this assumption is that there is no "differentiation "between cg54/cg50 possible. And any generation variant must have this report application in addition (I assume) or this approach will not work.

With besT regards

C:B.

PS: because of an creation errorof this thread I can not provide you points because this thread is not marked as a question. I am sorry.

PPS It seems to be that this option is used rarely on customer side

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 6, 2010 5:44 PM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jun 6, 2010 5:44 PM