cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS GLM how to define serial numbers out of a list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

We have to print labels containing changing numbers, those numbers are defined in advance in a table and are not sequencial.

I was not able to find how to influence the serial number functionality to input my own list of numbers instead of the standard start, increament...

Has someone any idea

Thanks

Sebastien

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Let me try with my opinion. If you were carried out the conversion to Initial release status in report management, using the Generate function, it will always generate reports automatically generated by the system with standard feeds i.e. serial numbers functionality.

Use the generation variant indicator to specify the stages in the status network in report management through which a report must pass when it is created for the first time. Using the Change Marks indicator, you can also specify that relevant changes made to specification data since the reports were previously generated should be marked on reports. If you create the report request manually, the report is given the status RR (report request), independent of the other indicators. In the standard system, you can enter the following as an initial status:

GS (Generation successful), R1 (Release 1), RY (Ready), RE (Released)

The switch to the next status is carried out for status GS, R1, and CO by means of the Accept function. If you want to delete the report, choose Reject. In this process don't chosse set historical automatically indicator, which will land u at the same stage of functionalities. Pl. ensure that the historically automatically indicators are not set, carry out the generation variant editing as per the client requirements and then go step by step. At this stage u can edit ur previous work as history and carry our editing followed by GS, R1, RY & RE.

Hope useful to accomplish.

with regards,

mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also struggling with manufacturing [serial number labels|www.aclabels.co.uk]. Is there no way of getting round the problem sebastien has posted? I am having the same problem and would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

This funtionality is not available in the standard labeling and need to insert a routine in the funtion module

Regards

Srinivas