cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTGS & NEFT payment seletion by paymeny amount

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have a specific requirement. In India,bank can have two IFSC codes,(one for RTGS and other one for NEFT).As per this scenario, one vendor code can have both NEFT & RTGS codes (as the bank is having two different codes) & same is to be maintained in vendor master.

(If a payment is less then Rupees one lac, system should take NEFT & otherwise it should take RTGS)

Kindly let us know how and where we have to do the configuration in sap

Thanks for your time and patience.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Normally, there will be one IFSC code for each bank branch. Either it is a NEFT or RTGS payment they use the same code, correct me if i'm wrong on this. Create payment methods for NEFT and RTGS then assign them to your vendor bank master, apart from that you have to give the IFSC code in bank data.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for your reply.But the fact is that some banks have only RTGS or only NEFT and some have both.

In tha case where the bank have the both (RTGS & NEFT),there the bank have two IFSC codes.

If the bank have RTGS,then we cannot process NEFT payment to the vendor and vice versa.

we have checked with some bank also.

How to config this in the system.

Do suggest

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

What is "If the bank have RTGS,then we cannot process NEFT payment to the vendor and vice verse.", because i knew one branch will have one IFSC code with 2 payment methods defined in the vendor master.

Suppose if the value is more then 1 lac then they use RTGS payment method to pay the payment to the vendor or if it less then 1 lac then they choose NEFT payment method to pay the vendor.

Again check with bank about IFSC code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ,

We mean to say that,when we checked with the(eg.ICICI - Bhopal branch) bank,they informed us that they have two different IFSC codes for RTGS & NEFT.

In some cases some bank branch said that they have only NEFT facility and not RTGS and some other bank said they have RTGS facility and not NEFT.

Now how will i assign the two IFSC codes in the vendor master against one Vendor Bank account number and Bank Key.

Eg. Vendor has a account with ICICI Bhopal branch,which have both facility (i.e RTGS & NEFT) with two different IFSC codes.

and the bank account number is 00010156789.

Now our issue is that when we asign the both the IFSC code against the above mentioned account number,system is prompting an error as "Bank details have been duplicated".

Do suggest,how to proceed.

Thank you for your info.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Dont any one has come across this kind of requirement,if so,do suggest.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,,,,,any suggestion about my requirement.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

IFSC code is specific to bank and branch combination . irrespective of the fact whether it is used for NEFT or RTGS

You requirement just to maintain 2 bank accounts for your Vendor,

IF you want to differentiate on the basis of Payment amount. You should create 2 payment methods,

N for amounts less than 1 lac and R for amounts more than one lac

set the 2 differenct bank accounts for default for these 2 payment methods

if the vendor has only one account , set is as default for both payment methods

Hope it helps

Check the following links for IFSC codes

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/neft.aspx

You are probably confusing IFSC code with MICR codes, which were earlier (can still be) used for NEFT, but not for RTGS

check the following link for IFSC and MICR mapping

http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/content/docs/68774.xls

http://rbidocs.rbi.org.in/rdocs/RTGS/DOCs/List%20of%20RTGS%20Participants.xls

Regards

Sach!n

Edited by: Sachin Bhutani on Feb 5, 2010 1:06 AM

Edited by: Sachin Bhutani on Feb 5, 2010 1:17 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sachin,

Thanks for the info.

For your information,we are not confussed with IFSC and MICR code,we have checked with the vendors bank branch and they have informed us that they have two different IFSC code (one for RTSG and one for NEFT) for online paymnet transactions.

Now can you let us know ,how can i maintain both the IFSC code to a single bank account against the same account number.

Hope that we are in position to explain clearly to you.

Do suggest

Thank you once again for your time.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please check first in the test client, whether the below configuration will pick the right IFSC code for payment.

In vendor master go to payment transactions tab, here give country , bank key (this should be the IFSC code), bank account etc then click on bank data button and give the related data as well the IFSC code in SWIFT code field. Then again do the same setup up in the second line for RTGS.

Also create 2 payment methods , one for NEFT and RTGS and assign in the vendor master, then try to run app and check how the system is picking up the code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Robert,for your suggestion.

We found some workaround for it.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP 4 ME

Can you give some examples of branches with two IFSC codes ? with the corresponding 2 codes

I believe this accounts for a breach of RBI guidelines

Regards

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create Directory named CITIBANK ,

then I go to T code F110 - and run " payment run ".

After then if i go to program  RS_GET_F4_DIR_FROM_APPLSERV and execute it.

In DIR_RTGS folder CITIBANK directory is displaying

But no record found in CITIBANK folder .

Once I run F110 Payment Run data should be display in CITIBANK Folder, How is possible?

please  help me .