cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot export to Excel in Crystal report (cr8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an application written in vb6 and uses cr8 Crystal report. In the

past, the end users were able to export the report to Excel...They have an

option of Exporting to Excel 5, 7 and 8.

But lately, they were not able to do so, export to Excel will just close the

application down without any warning.

We all currently have Office 2007 installed, and I am not sure if that is

the cause of the issue. But when I export the report from my development

machine I have this option to pick "Excel 97-2000" (I donu2019t' see the "Excel

5, 7, 8" option at all), the report exported successfully. I believe I have

VS 2003 and VS 2008 installed on my machine and that's why I have this newer

version of Excel option available.

What should I include in my install pack so that my end-users will see the

"Excel 97-2000" ?

Please advice. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow. CR 8? That's about 12 years old? Time has probably come to move to a more current version of CR(?).

Do you have the CR 8 designer available? Can you export form there? E.g.; if it does not work in the designer, it will not work at runtime, so try it there 1st.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually, I have cr 8.5 on my development machine. I use the crystal report designer to export just now, I have the Excel 97-2000 option, but not the the Excel 5.7.8. And export successfully.

But when I install the app on the client machine, I see only Excel 5.7.8, but not Excel 97-2000 in the export option. And export just causes the applicaiton shut down without warning.

Anyway, I guess I need to know what dll do I need or missing.

Thanks.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use [Modules|https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006252802008E/modules.zip] to find the dll differences and adjust.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion. Seems like I can only use this module when I run the Crystal Report designer, am I correct?

My applicaiton was written in VB6, I deployed it to a machine. Run my crystal report and then export. But when I check module, I don't see anything that is related to crystal report. (I don't have Crystal report designer installed)

So, how can I compare this with the one in the development machine? Please advice

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, that is not correct. The download should have a help file. Check it out and see how best to run the Modules utility. There is also a number of posts on this forum where the exact steps are documented.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did read the help file on how use the Module...

My applicaiton is called abc.exe, however, it is not even listed in the Module in either the development or the client machine.

So, I run the Crystal report designer in my development machine, I can see the Crw32.exe in that module. But the thing is on the client machine, I don't have Crystal report designer. How can I compare the files? Please advice

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what OS are you on? 32 bit or 64 bit?

Answers (0)