cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

-2147190908 "Failed to export the report"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use Crystal 11 ActiveX Designer & runtime library to create and export reports to disk. In the Designer I can open a report and export it as XML to disk. When I use the runtime library though and want to do so I get the error:

-2147190908, Failed to export the report

I can export XLS, PDF, CSV without any problems. I have already checked if the u2fxml.dll is installed corrctly and it is (I had a similiar problem with CSV recently where u2ftext.dll was missing). So on the system all requirement are fullfiled to export (as seen in the designer) but the runtime library just can't do it.

I'm using VB 6.0 SP5.

I would be grateful to get some feedback.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Good info on the exact version of VB and SP for it. But what's the exact version of the craxdrt.dll you are using? Or the crw32.exe? What SP for CR are you on?

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

the version of craxdrt.dll is 11.0.0.1282.

Don't know about the SP of it. How can I find out?

Thank you,

Matthias

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, let's do a few steps here and see if we can get this running. Since you have CR XI (r1), you have the option of upgrading to CR XI r2 for free. I would recommend doing this, but if you are too far in your development cycle that may not be an option - but let me know if it is. If you must stay on XI r1.

1) Download SP 4:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006008952008E/crXIwin_sp4.zip

2) After you apply the SP 4, make sure this exports from the CR designer

3) Test to see if this exports from the app on your development box

4) Make sure your code is something like this:

Set rep = appl.OpenReport("C:\temp\testing.rpt";, 1)

rep.ExportOptions.XMLFileName = "c:\temp\testing.xml";

rep.ExportOptions.DestinationType = crEDTDiskFile

rep.ExportOptions.FormatType = crEFTXML

rep.Export False

If all of the above checks out, use the msm from [here| to install the runtime to any client computer:

https://smpdl.sap-ag.de/~sapidp/012002523100006009112008E/crXI_rdc_mm.zip

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

wow this really helped me a bit. Now I can export XML files!

The sensible point was that I used the property "ExportOptions.DiskFileName" for ALL export formats. It worked so far for xls, pdf, csv, ...

DidnÄt know I have to use the other one. And the error messages does not help a lot if you allow me to say that

Anyway, the thing now is that Crystal seems to replace spaces in my filename with _. That's a problem because after the export I go on working with this name. Why does it do that when exporting XML? Can I adjust this somehow or at least find out to what it has been changed?

Thank you a lot

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

forget about the filename problem. It replaced all spaces in my pre-code before i go on processing the export.

Works as a charm now!

Thank for the quick help!

Answers (0)