cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset administrator password for CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to reset the Administrator password for a XI R2 CMS. I see this topic in help:

-

Symptom

How to reset the administrator user account password in BusinessObjects Enterprise XI3.1.

Resolution

1. Take the back up of the CMS repository tables as a precaution.

2. Open the Central Configuration Manager (CCM).

3. Stop the Server Intelligence Agent (SIA).

4. Run the following SQL statements on the CMS database:

5. DELETE FROM cms_infoobjects6 WHERE (ObjectID=12);

COMMIT;

6. This will delete a record that belongs to the "Administrator" account.

7. Restart #Server Intelligence Agent (SIA)# from the CCM. This will recreate the administrator account with a blank password.

8. Now you can log on to the Central Management Console (CMC) using Administrator as a user name and a blank password.

-

However, I've seen some mention elsewhere that this might affect permissions for existing objects?

Is there any risk to existing data if I follow the procedure described above?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

This didn't work for me with 4.2. The Administrators password wasn'nt blank ...

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve,

All the Administrators Preferences and added permissions will be also be reset.  This will reset the Administrators access to default factory / install level.

SAP NOTE below for more details:

http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1679970

Regards,

Ajay

BasicTek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Editing the raw data in the CMS DB has never been officially supported although some DB hacks do exist such as deleting row 12. These workflows are not tested in BO and can produce unpredictable results (thus unsupported). That being said I have not heard of any issues with permissions.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Tim

How to  reset password, if the Admin account is locked or disable? i installed the fresh copy of the free trial verstion  SAP BI 4.1.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

i never tried this, but if the Administrator gets re- created he will get another ID in the system and than i could imagine that Security for the Administrator account is lost. Security f.e. like access to reports, folders etc.

Best would be creating a Message at SAP Support for assistance.

Regards

-Seb.