cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production In Alternative Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

My one material is manufactured in 4 Plants and 1 Plant is planning plant.

In Special Proc Key 80 I can define only one plant as Production Plant.

How to map this scenarioo?

Thanks

SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Goto Tcode : OMD9 and create a new spl procurement key "81, 82 "by copying "80" and only change is you need to mention the Field Special Procurement as and Plant as "B and C". Like wise that go ahead.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Feb 8, 2010 3:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar ,

I could not get your Logic! Can it be a little bit in detail.

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can create multiple special proc key similar to 80 but the problem is I can assign only 1 special proc key in planning plant.

Thanks

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sap cons,

Yes, this is standard. For one material, in a single plant, you can only assign only one special procurement type in the Material master.

This does not mean that other types of procurement are prohibited, it only means that MRP will use this method during the planning process.

By your statement, it appears you have a business requirement that is not met by this solution. Can you explain the requirement?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have 1 material 'X" and it is produced in 4 Plants namely 001,002,003 and 004 ,

and Planning (MRP) is carried out in only plant 005.

I can create 4 special proc key for 4 production plants but I can assign only one special proc key in Planning Plant 005.

How to map this scenario?

Thanks

SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

SD,

Although you CAN manufacture in 4 plants, MRP has to decide WHICH ONE, for each requirement. By implication, you are saying that you want MRP to use more than one plant. What logic do you want to use to make this decision?

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

For spl proc you need to have the same materials to be created in all the plants, as you all ready defined in OMD9, SPL PROC as 80,81,82 & 83, by copying 80, then for every material corresponding to the plant select the MRP view assign the spl proc key respectively. Fill the Planning plant common in all the materials as same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Pl. refer the link below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/f4/7d2d4d44af11d182b40000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

You can understand very clearly.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhava,

Thank You for the link....

My doubt is, If i require 1000 no for plant 1(i,e., planning plant) and there are 4 production plants and i create SP. Proc Key's 81,82,83,84 and assign them relevantly when the demand is created in Planning Plant for 1000 no req will the requirement gets evenly distribute or In each plant 1000 gets reflected.

This is not Explained in that link .

Can we use Quota arrangement for all the plants

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pawan,

Really I have not worked on this. I am trying to create a scenario in sand box and working on this. Give me some time.

Logically speaking, MRP cannot create same 1000 Nos. in all the plant. It has to consider plant 1 first, if capacity is not there it has to consider plant 2, 3, 4 and so on. I think this is possible in APO PPDS.

As for as Quota arrangement is considered, if you consider the plant 1, 2 , 3 and 4 as subocntractor, you can very well consider using Quota Management.

As for as defining the Spl. procurement key, it is possible to assign only one procurement key to planning material.

One more option, what I thought is that, assign Spl. procurement key 80 to all the plants.

Then for dependent material in material master - MRP 2 view, enter spl. procurement key as 80 and just create material master in other plant w/o procurment key, then run MRP for planning plant and check the result.

I will also carry out same procedure.

Wait for others to give their views.

Good luck

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhava,

Thank you for your reply, My requirement is like this

Clint has 6 plants manufacturing the same products and he want to take orders on first plant (main plant) and want to plan the orders in all the plants according to their Capacities . we do not have APO

I am working on this scenario but could not achieve any fruitful result please suggest if you get any idea

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In R/3 you can't have Capacity as constraint. During MRP run, only Capacity Requirement will be generated. It will not automatically plan in another plant, if the capacity is not there in one plant. This is possible in APO.

Madhava

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Findings are also matching to yours Mr.Madhava And thank you for your effort

pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cant manage this requirement through MRP. You need to use DRP for this.

Regards

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create 4 keys - say 81,82,83,84 - one for each production plant.

Regards,

Alexander