cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

system copy : how to backup your rfc connections, partner profiles ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

system copy : how to backup your rfc connections, partner profiles (we20) amd ports in IDOC processing (we21) ???

Hi forum,

if you want to copy your production system to your quality assurance system you can export users and later on reimport

it to save work. That's good.

But how about RFC connections, partner profiles and ports in IDOC processing ? Anyway to export and reimport it later on ?

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards

O.Eggert

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is an interesting suggestion here,

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My advice is to NOT use this suggestion.

It was tried in my company but it caused much more trouble that it saved time.

The RFC destinations and partner profiles data models are NOT trivial.

You can try it and make your own opinion.

Regards,

Olivier

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello-

What we used to do for refresh is we had sql cluster for ECC and BI so using sql agent we used to execute a sql command and download all the RFC destination from RFCDES table and after the restore we used to run the sql command and import them back it used to work for us without any issues.

Thanks,

George Rayi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi forum,

in the meantime I found out how to handle this matter. May be this solution is not very elegant, but it works.

As for RFC-Connections there are several tables beginning with rfc. e.g., rfccheck. But 4 of it only differ from one system

to the next. These are rfcdes, rfcdoc, rfcattrib and rfccheck. What I did is the following : I used

brspace -u sapsr3/<password> -f tbexport -t "RFC3"

and quite simply exported these tables. Then I deleted some of the RFC-Connections, both ABAP and TCP/IP. After reimporting

what I exported before all these destinations were availlable again. As for ABAP the password had to be reentered but this

can be avoided, too. Have a look at transaction /nsecstore. The tables behind it are RSECTAB and RSECACTB, rspectively.

Export it after having exported the rfc* tables and reimport it after having reimported the rfc* tables. Very important : enable

the option "consistent export" !!!

It worked this way although there might be better and more elegant solutions.

As for transaction we20 check sap not 182172.

Hope that I could be of profit to this forum.

Kind regards

Olaf Eggert

p.s.

import command : brspace -u sapsr3/<password> -f tbimport.

Them select what you exported before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have exoprted the files succesfully, kindly let me t\know the command to import it again in the same server.

Rgds!!