cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reprocessing best practice

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/02/09/idoc-packaging--how-to-deal-with-reprocessing

Could you share your ideas?

Reprocessing is one major activity when it comes to a production support scenario. Hope I can collate all available ideas into that blog.

Thanks,

Shabz

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member206760
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI shabs,

I would also not go for editing the message in the RWB...however if there are cases where the target needs the data immediately ( may be coz some processing program runs at say X hrs in their application ) and the sender application is not able to change and send immediately we can use it

but in any case even if we modify the data in the RWB and resend ...we have to make sure that the changes are reflected with the sender and the same data should not be sent again

Edited by: Tarang Shah on Feb 10, 2010 4:20 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok forgot to add this line ...

Ignore the reprocessing from PI

I am looking at better options of reprocessing the whole batch from ECC

Sorry for the confusion guys

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

my idea is not to go with reprocessing in the way you've shown (it's good for dev and test env but not for prd)

in PRD in case anything went wrong in PI you should cancel messages in PI and reprocess the messages

from SAP application system but from the application layer and not from the integration layer

(so just send them once more from applications). unless you have an real issue and need to do it this way of course

but in case of repeating issues I'd do it from the app and not middleware application layer

Regards,

Michal Krawczyk