cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXDB Backup with SAP Java only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm looking for a simple solution to do a schedule backup for MAXDB with a SAP - Java only on Windwos 2008. I tried a windwos command file but this stop after starting the DBMCLI session. Probably I made some mistakes. So perhaps one of you have easy way to do this.

Best regards

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thomas,

this should be fairly simple to accomplish.

Let's see:

1. create a dbmcli command file that contains the required commands to start the backup:

"start_full_backup.txt"

db_connect
backup_start FULLDATA
db_release
exit

Note that I have a backup medium/template named FULLDATA configured here.

2. create a windows commandline batch file that contains the dbmcli-call

"run_db_backup.cmd"

dbmcli -U c -i start_full_backup.txt -t start_full_backup.log

ATTENTION:

This dbmcli call uses the XUSER entry 'c' of the user account which the scheduler job uses.

So make sure that the task scheduler does run in a user account hat does have the XUSER entry.

(of course you could just provide the database SID and the full logon data - but that would be a bit insecure...)

Moreover, you may want to provide the full paths to the script file (-i parameter) and the log file (-t parameter).

Now all you've to do is to schedule the run_db_backup.cmd.

That should already do the trick.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lars,

This is a very old thread, however i am trying to use this script to take a backup for MaxDB which is used on Content Server.

I am getting the error Xuser not found which is expected. I tried to add my user name and password under Xuser for my database, however it is still not working. Do you mind if i ask you how to add this for Content Server ?

Thanks much.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (0)