cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Database Connector Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

A report that is being run in Business Objects Enteprise 11 is giving us a "Unknown Database Connector Error." It is connecting to an Oracle database with the database connection settings in the report. The report runs fine in Crystal Reports Developer installed on the server itself. Other reports that use the exact same database connection settings seem to run fine in the report. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm not sure why two different reports that have the same database connection settings has different results.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm quite new to Crystal reports, i have version 11.0.0.1282.

I have created many reports, the problem i encounter, is that is i come back to the report, say 15-20 later and click "refresh"

i get the error "Unknown Database Connector Error". I then have to exit crystal attach to db, and open reports.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi,

check SAP Notes - 1199485, 1199824 and 1204398 to see if one helps.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What's in SAP note 1199824? I tried to look that up but I couldn't find it.

0 Kudos

Hi,

can you double check it please ? I can see the Note and it is release to customers.

Regards

-Seb.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nope, those notes didn't work out. They didn't even apply to my situation.

I'm not using Informix and all the credentials entered in at the Process -> Database area are correct. I'm not sure why one report works while this one doesn't when they're using the same data connection.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe I've narrowed down what my issue is but I still can't solve it.

There is a text object in my report that contains three different fields from one table from our datasource. When we remove this text object, the report runs successfully. When we add this text object back in, it fails. We also tried adding in these fields seperately instead of in one text object, it fails when we do that.

I created another report and added those same three fields in it but did not add any of the other fields that were also in the other report, it runs successfully. I don't know what would cause Business Objects Enterprise 11 to freak out and throw me a "Unknown Database Connector" error like this for me.

Why would it work fine in Crystal Reports 11 and Crystal Enteprise 10 but not in Business Objects Enterprise 11?

EDIT

I tried to add other fields that were in the same table...Business Objects Enteprise 11 didn't like it. It gave me the same "Unknown Database Connector" error. It seems that no matter which field I add from that certain table, Business Objects Enterprise 11 doesn' t like it while other programs I run the report with like it.

Edited by: Gingerbread Man on Feb 16, 2010 4:55 PM