Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MID (Manufacturer's Identification Number) US Customs requirement

michael_hrner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

according to a US customs requirement, we have to maintain somewhere (prefer vendor master) the Manufacturers Identification Number (MID). This number is up to 15 characters, numbers long.

Unfortunately I did'nt found any possibility to set this number in the system. As far as I know this MID are used only in South Carolina USA. There is a fild in LFA1-EMNFR, but it is to short.

Have someone any idea where and how to ingegrate this number in SAP ERP release 6.0?

Thanks in Avance,

Michael Hoerner

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I'm sure you've found your answer by now, but just for the sake of updating this thread, I will answer where the MID number is stored in the Global Trade Services (GTS) system.

On the business partner master data record (transaction BP), find the "Identification" tab. Midway down the page, the category 'Identification Numbers' appears. In the first field, a drop list should contain the code "SLLMID" = Manufacturer's ID Number. Select that type, then tab over to the Identification Number field and enter the MID number for that partner.

In the import customs declarations, on form 3461, the MID field is part of the incompletion rule set so maintenance is mandatory in GTS.

If your company or client is not currently using GTS for their foreign trade activities, I suggest looking into it as an option in the near future.

Cheers !

michael_hrner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for this answer.

I will try this. But my hope was, that another company in South Carolina has maybe the same issue and could help.

Thanks

Regards,

Michael Hoerner

michael_hrner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Antony,

thanks for your replay.

No, I am talking about the Manufacturer identifikation number. This is a uniq vendor code given by the U.S. Customs and has nothing to do with a material number. From my understanding there should be a field available in the vendor master data XK02/MK02

Do you have another idea?

Thanks

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In that case you need to go for your own field in vendor master. See the help document and config in the below config path. It will help you to create a new field in vendor master for you vendor unique number

spro>Logistics general->business partner->vendors>control--->Adoption of customer's own master data field.

I think it will help you.

Regards

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You need to use a functionality called MPN (manufacturer part number) functionality. It cannot be explained in 10lines. I am giving you the link. It will solve your problem.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/5b/da1f634caf11d2b437006094b9c9be/content.htm

Regards

Antony