cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MD04 - Delivery Date shown as per 1st schedule line in Purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

we have an issue in one of our client related to Purchase order .see detials below.

we have maintained the configuration " E " under STO configuration with the combinaiton of Purchase order type , Delivery type ,Checking Rule .

SPRO = Material Management = Purchasing = Purchase order - Setup stcok stransfer order - Assig delivery type to checking rule

we have assign the E = Display the delivery proposal with dailog box under feild " Rules adoption for ATP check "

it means that when you create the Purchase order with Qty then system will propose an new screen with delivery proposal.

we need to select one which would like.

once you select it system will display to schedule line items for line item in Purchase order.

first schedule line item delivery date will be calcualted based on the Planned delivery time

second delivery date will be calculated based on the Route determiantion ( Note this functionaity will be avialble in Ecc 6 and may be in 4.7ee also )

so now issue is when we see MD04 system is showing first schedule line delivery date in MD04, it was suppose to show the second scheduline delivery , but it is not happening .

why ? is it STD behaviour ?

pls check it and suggestme

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are also experiencing this issue in ECC 6.0 with the first schedule line showing as the delivery date in the receiving plant in MD04. In our case, we have sales orders that are placed on the distribution centers, and that triggers an STO to be generated for shipment from the Source plant to the DC to fulfill the Sales order demand.

We have also noticed that in CO09 for the receiving plant, the committed dates are not displayed, so ATP is incorrectly calculated at the distribution center when rescheduling changes the committed dates in the STO due to a change in material availability.

Has anyone been able to find any solutions or additional findings to workaround this issue? I see that SAP development will be taking a look at this but that was last updated in May of 2011. I have not been able to find any other additional information on OSS that addresses this issue.

Thank you,

Tina

Original Post from pentakota srini:

"HI,

We have an issue in one of our client related to Purchase order .see details below.

We have maintained the configuration " E " under STO configuration with the combination of Purchase order type , Delivery type ,Checking Rule .

SPRO = Material Management = Purchasing = Purchase order - Setup stock transfer order - Assign delivery type to checking rule

we have assign the E = Display the delivery proposal with dialog box under field " Rules adoption for ATP check "

it means that when you create the Purchase order with Qty then system will propose an new screen with delivery proposal.

we need to select one which would like.

once you select it system will display to schedule line items for line item in Purchase order.

first schedule line item delivery date will be calculated based on the Planned delivery time

second delivery date will be calculated based on the Route determination ( Note this functionality will be available in ECC 6 and may be in 4.7ee also )

so now issue is when we see MD04 system is showing first schedule line delivery date in MD04, it was suppose to show the second schedule line delivery , but it is not happening .

why ? is it STD behavior ?

pls check it and suggest me"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution? Could Note 1163183 help to fix the problem with MD04 and ATP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sauka

We opened a customer message at SAP and received the answer below from the product development level:

I fully understand your concern and just to let you know this was already provided as a part of product feedback last year and is already considered for development.

Since i provided this feedback and i am the last level of support in this area so you can assured that this will be introduced.

I can though not commit on the timelines.

To your question why it works if you keep checking rule blank , it means you are then using using old schedule line functionality.

In this case no new lines are proposed/created .

All the requirement and confirmation data is populated under 1 line.

When you talk about V_V2 it also has some limitations as far as usage of the fixed date and quantity flag to take confirmed and uncofirmed docs is concerned.

ANyways handling of schedule line via the old and new logic is very different.

As told to you this is under development now.

So up to now we have 2 options:

- Let the checking rule blank and run V_V2 to a backorder processing (old procedure).

- Fill the cheching rule with "C", the schedule lines will be created online at ME22N, but will not take account at MRP/MD04.

Regards

Darley

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same question. We are trying to implement the new schedule line functions for STO (C in our case), but the committed delivery date is not adopted in MD04, but the first line that has the original deliver date.

This is also effecting ATP for outgoing STOs and sales orders, those will also see the delivery date from the first line not the actual confirmed dates for this STO.

Please help.

Thanks Maria

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any solution on this problem? I am also facing same problem with STOs.

Thanks & Regards,

Amol Agashe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Has someone found the solution for this problem?

We are facing the same problem

Thanks.

Darley

rajani_sk
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please go through the following notes

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saha,

Thank you for your help.

This note is exacly what we're tryng to do.

We've performed the configuration as described at section below with rule C

Call transaction SPRO -->SAP Reference IMG -->Materials Management -->Purchasing -->Purchase Order --> Set up Stock Transport Order -->Assign Delivery Type and Checking Rule, and maintain the new column "Availability Checking Rule (Av.Ch.Rule)".

The purchase order at ME21N/ME22N is working fine, as descrided here

The user specifies the delivery date and the schedule line quantity in a schedule line.

10.18.2005 10

New procedure "delivery proposal" (specification and confirmation in different schedule lines):

Delivery date Schedule line quantity Confirmed delivery date Confirmed quantity

10.18.2005 10.18.2005 6

10.25.2005 10.25.2005 4

After availability check, the schedule lines at purchase order is:

Delivery Date ... Sched. Qty ... Confirmed Date ... Confirmed Qty

10.18.2005 ...... 10

10.18.2005 ........................... 10.18.2005 .......... 6

10.25.2005 ........................... 10.25.2005 .......... 4

The problem is that at material requirements (MRP, MD04, CO09), the system should take the two confirmed dates and quantites (6 to 10.18.2005 and 4 to 10.25.2005), but it is taking account only the 1st schedule line (10 to 10.18.2005), ie, the availability check was ignored durring material requirements generation

Regards.

Darley