cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Hierarchy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How do we derive the text values for Product hierarchy levels (3) in COPA characteristics

Please suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the following steps by t_cd: KEDR;

1. Create derivation step with "Table lookup"

2. Put table t179t in table popup screen

3. Entry Language key for "SPRAS" with user temporary field such as global-usertemp1...

Push detail button and enter your language key into "Constant" like "EN"

4. Assign "CO-PA-PRODH3"? or your defined char. "WWxxx" for "Product hierarchy" as T179T-PRODH.

5 and then you can derive T179T-VTEXT (Product Hierarchy text) to your own defined characteristics.

hope this will work on your site.

Edited by: Takashi Kotani on Feb 18, 2010 8:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Takashi,

However, by doing this the text is actually replacing the characteristic value.. I would like it to be along with the characteristic value.

Please suggest

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

> However, by doing this the text is actually replacing the characteristic value.. I would like it to be along with the characteristic value.

Hi,

I didn't understand yet what you want.

Would you like to store the Text into characteristic value? -

>1

or

Would you like to use the TEXT (Prod3) just for Drilldown Report? -

> 2

1. Please check my previous reply.

And you can create new characteristic for Text value other than original "Prod3" characteristic, named WWxxx by transaction KEA5

2. It is available in standard to use characteristic value and text for Product hierarchy 1-3 in drilldown report by transaction KE30

If I understand wrongly, please reply again.

Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Takashi,

I am testing derivation for product hierarchy (1-3). Initially, I have derived characteristic values for Prodhier 1-3 correctly. However the text was not appearing.

Now, I need a small clarification on your earlier suggestion. If we assign WWxxx (prod hier 1-3) to T179T-PRODH, would the text value not overwrite the characteristic value. This is what is happening..

I need characteristic value as well as text for prod hier 1-3.

Please suggest..

Edited by: Swapvik on Feb 18, 2010 5:52 PM

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Sorry for my delay.

>I am testing derivation for product hierarchy (1-3). Initially, I have derived characteristic values for Prodhier 1-3 correctly. >However the text was not appearing.

You're talking about, you want a co-pa data structure(operating concern) with text value, and not about the drilldown report, are you? If you need text just in report, all you have to need is to have characteristic values for Prodhier 1-3 and no need for text value. You can display the text from text table in standard. This settings is described as folloes;

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/5c/8db846555411d189660000e829fbbd/content.htm

However,

>Now, I need a small clarification on your earlier suggestion. If we assign WWxxx (prod hier 1-3) to T179T-PRODH, would the >text value not overwrite the characteristic value. This is what is happening..

>

>I need characteristic value as well as text for prod hier 1-3.

If you will assign TEXT value (T179T-PRODH) to WWxxx (prod hier 1-3), WWxxx's are overwritten with text value. In order to avoid them, you have to create one more WWxxx as a CO-PA characteristic, meaning;

Your operating concern needs;

- WW001: prod hier1

- WW002: prod hier2

- WW003: prod hier3

- WW004: text for prod hier3

I hope it will help and also there're no more comunication problem between us.

If there're anything else you would like to query, please reply any times.

Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Takashi,

Let me clarify few things here..

1. Prod hier (1-3) is derived from Mara-Prdha. So only key values are available for Prod Hier (1-3) and not key+text.

2. In drill down reports, one may fetch key+text, only if both of them are available, else, it would fetch only key.

3. Maintaining separate characteristic for texts only is not really what I am looking for.

4. I know, I have an option of creating characteristics with own value maintenance, however, if the values have already been maintained in T179, the question is why it may not be derived directly.

Please suggest.

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapvik,

Thanks for your clarification.

>2. In drill down reports, one may fetch key+text, only if both of them are available, else, it would fetch only key.

OK, this means that, you want to show key+text for Prod.hier in drilldown report and also to have only one characteristic (key) for Prod.hier. And you already have set up the Prod.hier(1-3) characteristics for your operating concern, but it is impossible to display the text, right?

If my understanding is correct, it's possible in standard and if yours are unavailable, there is possibly wrong setting in characteristic OR no clear operation in report. Please double-check the following points;

1. Characteristic setting

Transaction code: KEA5 ---> Select your WWxxx charcteristic for ProdHier3 and check the detailed information.

Can you see the Check table T179 and text table T179T there in the Validation field? If no, that is created wrongly.

2. Drilldown report

If your char setting is correct in above 1, please check my previous comment again.

you can select the characteristic display mode with only value, value + text or only text. You will set your cursor with the lead column and push right-click -> characteristic display.

best regards, takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Takashi,

Please let me know how would you create such characteristic.

I had created a characteristic WWxxx with reference to existing values data element PRODH_D which has Check table T179 and text table T179T.

However, firstly it gives a warning that data element is already used in PRODH characteristic

Secondly, this WWxxx could not be extended to the Operating Concern, even though it is active.

Please suggest..

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Swapvik,

I have created as follows(it's standard one);

- KEA5

- put WWxxx

- Create/Change button

- Entry table name: MARA with option "Transfer from SAP table"

- Select field "PRDHA"

- And Activate it

- Assign this characteristic into op.consern.

This is not different with yours.

best regards, Takashi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Takashi,

But I guess, we can have only one WWxxx per field in a table. PRDHA is already used in a particular characteristic for which I do have both Key+text. It does not allow to use it again. From this characteristic only I am deriving 3 characteristic values (prod Hier 1-3) i.e. Key is available, however, text is not available.

Please suggest.

takashi_kotani
Active Participant
0 Kudos

OK then, have you already check the menu "Characteristic display" funciton? Please double-check, but,

>From this characteristic only I am deriving 3 characteristic values (prod Hier 1-3) i.e. Key is available, however, text is not >available.

I'm some curious of the settings about 3 characteristics for Prod Hier 1-3. Is it user own defined (WWxxx)? Do they have text table in the characteristic definition? If they don't have "Text table" and is just derivated from PRDHA, PA report will not show text anyway for Prod Hier 1~3.

To get more than 2-3 hierarchies characteristics usually, I always use PAPH1~3 (from table MVKE)

If it will not work or this info is not useful, I'm sorry but I have no further idea, that if it's seemed to be set up correctly and there may be inconsistent data in characteristic settings. that's my thought, not exactly.

best regards, Takashi

Answers (0)