cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic variable in Bex Broadcaster

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a mandatory variable as 'Date' in the report. While creating the variant in Bex Broadcaster for sending mails daily - the date gets saved & remains constant. We need the date to be changed dynamically everyday when the mail is sent.

I would like to know how should I achieve this. Thanks. Helpful ans will be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jinal,

I am facing same problem as that of yours. Can you please brief as to how you worked around with it ?

Regards,

Kaval Soalnki.

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jinal,

Please check my blog will it useful to you

Please check.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Old topic but not solved. I had the same question and I found a link where the answer is clear :

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BI/Broadcasting+With+Dynamic+Variables

"In the Broadcaster there is no function to allow dynamic variables."

"The only solution in this case is to create multiple settings to reflect the different variable values that are required."

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shah,

if i understand correctly, broadcasting is done daily and date should be changed to system date dynamically.

if this is the case you can SAP Variable "0DAT", this will take current system date ane execute report (this will not prompt for variable value).

instead of mandatory Date variable you can use 0DAT variable which is available on 0CALDAY, if not available install from business content and use it.

Best Regards

Edited by: Daya Sagar on Feb 18, 2010 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently using 0DAT and have put current date as a default value. But, when a variant is saved - it doesnot change the value daily - it uses the same date on which it was saved & then sends mail.

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you are in BW 3.5 then you can use TVARVC table and in BI 7 use RSRVARIANT table. You need to create a custom program to update the value of table entries for the variables. Same variable you can use in your setting.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes - that we have kept as the last option - want to check if there is a way to do it directly rather than writing a program.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have got kind of similar requirement. Were you able to resolve it?

Any help/pointers to it?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You would need to create the Date variable as Customer Exit.

Populate the Date variable in CMOD by sy-datum or other logic, if u need. This will fix ur issue.

Steps: 1. Make the Mandatory (existing variable) to Customer Exit

2. Choose "Variable can be Input-Ready"

3. Write your code in CMOD for I_STEP = 1 to populate the sy-datum

If you do this, your existing variable will still be Mandatory, except the default value which will be shown in that is Current Date (Sy-datum). This should resolve your probs.

Regards,

Chathia.

Edited by: Chathia_P on Feb 18, 2010 12:05 PM