cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online interactive form using ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to create an ABAP program for Online Interactive form (NW 2004)? or do we need ABAP Webdynpro (NW 2004s)?

We have implemented an offline scenario i.e. create an interactive PDF, fill the forms, save it, upload it and extract information from PDF. It is working fine. But we are not able to implement online interactive scenario.

Any suggestion?

Thanks,

Pranav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To my knowledge only print forms are possible from ABAP and is the interactive part only available for J2EE.

I've been checking but I don't find anything indicating that ABAP WebDynpro can handle real interactive forms.

The FAQ indicates:

8. What do I need to install to use Interactive Forms based on Adobe software?

Server: SAP Web AS Java (for all scenarios), SAP Web AS ABAP (if you are looking at high-volume print scenarios), Adobe document services (runtime component), Adobe Credential (for creating interactive PDF forms)

Frontend: SAP NetWeaver Developer Studio with Adobe LiveCycle Designer (for Web Dynpro for Java development) and/or SAP GUI with Adobe LiveCycle Designer, Active Component Framework (for filling interactive forms in a Web Dynpro application), Adobe Reader 7.0.3 or higher (on the frontend PC).

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Pranav,

You can check this article for off-line Adobe forms for ABAP and can try for re-creating an online version.

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c2567f2b-0b01-0010-b7b5-977cbf80665d">Offline Interactive Forms Using ABAP</a>

Regards,

Siddhartha

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the help link in for the use of interactive forms in abap webdynpro.

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

I am aware of Online interactive forms in ABAP Webdynpro and offline interactive forms using just ABAP Program. My question is.... Is it possible to implement Online Interactive forms using simple ABAP (not ABAP Webdynpro)? If yes, how?

Thanks,

Pranav

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Within ABAP, only non interactive (thus print) forms are possible.

Pls check http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/c8/4adf7ba13c4ac1b4600d4df15f8b84/frameset.htm for this.

Eddy

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While SAP certainly does not recommend to create interactive scenarios from transaction SFP (please use Web Dynpro for such scenarios), it is not entirely correct to say that it is not possible.

The issue we see is that SFP was created for output forms, i.e. "one way out of the system" (to print etc.). Interactive Forms is based on XML, which means that in ABAP you need to convert the ABAP structures to XML for generation of the PDF on the ADS, and - in interactive scenarios - on the return trip you need to convert the XML (in the PDF) back to ABAP structures. The conversion from ABAP to XML and vice versa is done in the background automatically by the Web Dynpro environment, which is why we recommend it for interactive use. There is no automatic back conversion in SFP, i.e. you'd need to handcode this - which means additional cost and potential for error.

Hope this helps,

Markus

and, thanks, Eddy, for pointing out that the FAQs need an update...

Markus

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Markus,

Why is one claiming in the BC480 course adn help.sap.com that only print forms can be done via ABAP. If that isn't true where can we foind a tutorial and examples on how to do interactive forms with ABAP.

Eddy

markus_meisl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Eddy,

as I stated above, SAP strongly recommends to use Web Dynpro (Java or ABAP) for interactive scenarios, because the framework provides many background functions that make a developer's life easier. As - for the reason mentioned above - we do not intend to encourage the use of ABAP for interactive forms usage without Web Dynpro, SAP at this point is not planning to publish any examples on how to do this, because not everything that is technically possible in the SAP world also makes sense for our customers in terms of resources and time to develop.

We have invested heavily into integrating Interactive Forms into several SAP environments, which provide different capabilities. SFP is recommended for creating print forms for high-volume output.

I hope this provides some clarification.

Best regards,

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide online ineractive form?

i created the form in SFP with 2 input fields and one webdynpro button and bided the context data source and mapped to pdfsource.

when i click the button the button action was not trigerring ...

can you help in this what is the error i did...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide online ineractive form?

i created the form in SFP with 2 input fields and one webdynpro button and bided the context data source and mapped to pdfsource.

when i click the button the button action was not trigerring ...

can you help in this what is the error i did...

Answers (0)