cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRM Webclient UI - Generation of views after system restart / upgrade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we realized that the SGEN will not generate the CRM Webclient UI Views. This means after system restart or upgrade the first load of each view is slow because of generation.

Is there a kind of solution out for this issue? Report or something else?

Thank you

Best regards

Manfred

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I know this issue quite well and my approach has, as pointed out before, always been to click through all applications in WebClient.

Another approach maybe an automated test script. Gregor Wolf has pointed out a way to use it that employs Selenium: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/16235. [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] Could be well worth the time to record a script if this issue appears often in your company.

One thing I always wanted to try, but never had the time to, is the following report: BSP_WD_RECOMPILE_APPL

It claims that it will compile the layout, too.

If you try the last two solutions, keep us posted on how they perform. I am very interested in the results, as I have never done them before.

cheers Carsten

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, I had some time to play around with the program that Carsten mentioned and it really does not seem to work.

In particular, I also want a better way personally than touch every screen when my dev and qa instances get restarted each week and I need to speed things up. That being said, time for me to get this conversation a little extra attention.

Take care,

Stephen

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

BSP page are a bit more tricky then normal ABAP code. Usually SGEN simply generates the load/runtime object of a class or report. For a BSP page this is not sufficient. A BSP page is a special dev object. In order to run it the BSP page compiler needs to generate a local ABAP class for it. Once this local class exists a runtime object needs to be generate for it as usual.

The report BSP_WD_RECOMPILE_APPL simply determines all the implementation classes and enforces the generation of runtime objects by triggering a runtime type identification. This will fail in case a class contains syntax errors or a local class for a page does not yet exist.

The better a faster way is using SGEN. Here two things are required:

- Generation of BSP Applications and

- one of the load generation options, e.g. Regenerate existing loads.

So SGEN needs to run at least twice! The first run will enforce the page compiler to generate the local classes, the second generates the loads. For good runtime of SGEN it is usually sufficient to regenerate invalid existing loads and not everything.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,

Uwe

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Uwe,

thanks for the good information! Words from someone who knows

Suppose we should put this somewhere in the Wiki, but it is not only CRM Webclient related, is it?

cheers Carsten

former_member182119
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

your are right, this is not Webclient specific. Maybe its already written on the general BSP pages.

Best regards,

Uwe

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

just wanted to add to this thread that 6 years later we ran into a similar issue after upgrading to CRM 7.0 EHP3 on HANA. After the upgrade we did an SGEN. the job got aborted because of system restart. After that we had severe issues regarding business server pages.

The original problem was that in the table SEOCLASS there were duplicate entries for some generated classes. When selecting the class via select * , there was only one entry, but selecting via count(*) shows that there were 7 entries. We deleted and recreated the primary index via se14 and manually dropped the duplicate entries. Then we re ran a whole SGEN procedure on the BSP components twice. After that, our problems were solved, user tests were successful.

If someone is running into a similar issue, please test with care, always have a backup in spare.

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Has anyone transformed this into an entry in the Wiki, yet?

The issue came up last week for me again. Sadly I could not exactly identify the exact steps necessary to do in SGEN.

Could someone please post them again with more details as what to check and not in the transaction. To just try it consumes a lot of time as SGEN will run longer.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is very good information -> we should write it into the CRM WIKI?

Because everybody new in Webui will come over this question!

I do not 100% understand:

SGEN twice will do all the whole generation Job?

How long does this take? Is it a faster solution than clicking on all Pages with a script?

Thank you!

Best wishes

EVA...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes

Going into the WebUi and click on every Link of Workcenter.

Colleague has "recorded" it with a software once and now it's not fast - but it does the job without manual input.

Regards

Eva