Did you mean: 

Error in DG Filling

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got following error in DG Filling..

Not all phrases could be created for the specification 000000000019

Message no. DGA428

Diagnosis

During filling of the dangerous goods master, identifiers for specifications in EH&S specification management are determined and phrases are generated from them. However, no phrases could be generated for the key date for the specification 000000000019 and possibly for other specifications.

System Response

No phrases could be created for the specification 000000000019 for the key date .

Procedure

Check the identifiers for the specifications that must be taken into account for filling as a result of your selection criteria on the selection screen for filling.

A possible error could be that an identifier for the dangerous goods description is not specified on the UN listed substance.

Please guide me how to resolve the same

Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol

my suggestion taking into account your error message:

A possible error could be that an identifier for the dangerous goods description is not specified on the UN listed substance.

a.) in configuration if DG master data filling you need to specify which identifer should be used in the filling process. Two identifiers are available by SAP Standard. One on DG_CL_SUB level and one on LS_UN_SUB Level. As I remember the topic the identifier on LS_UN_SUB level must be present. Using this identifier (hopefully in many languages translated) the system generates one phrase key using the identifier information to fill the phrase in the relevant phrase languages phrase language. Normally you need at least regarding ADR the ADR languages. I believe that in the filling there is the possibility to have a "fall back" solution. E.g. if no identifier is found in language FR then the identifier in EN is used to fill the phrase language FR

This is from point of view of the DG process in EH&S a critical issue as you need the texts in the papers which are used in SD process.

To my knowledge it is possible to get a subset of identifier translations by several data providers but in most cases the preparation of the identfiers in the necessary languages is the job of the business. Keep in mind that due to the normal set up of SAP EH&S you need many identifiers (per regulation ADR and LS_UN_SUB specification.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 20, 2010 8:33 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 20, 2010 8:33 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Bergemann,

DG Description is maintained for UN Listed Substance.

Could you please guide me where we maintain identifiers per regulation ADR and LS_UN_SUB specification.

as still I am facing the same error..

Please guide me..

Thanking You

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amol

in the online help of SAP you will find this chapter:

"Phrase Generation in Filling" (you will find that in Dangerous goods management => tools => filling)(http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/de/5174db4c4b11d18a110000e816ae6e/frameset.htm).

Here you wil get the "key information" (to my understanding regarding your question)

This is from online help:

"In filling, the system generates phrases from the identifiers for hazard inducers and UN descriptions. It enters these phrases in the dangerous goods master.

The system takes into account only those identifiers of the identification category NAM that are specified in the identification listings D_DANGOOD for UN descriptions and D_DGHIS for hazard inducers."

So there are two identification listing which you need to take care in DG filling D_DANGOOD and D_DGHIS.

To my knowledge SAP is distribution a "standard" approach regarding DG filling which can be adapted taking into accounts the needs of the customer without modifications (check customizing regarding this and additionally may be chapter "Making Filling More Flexible" of online help). To my knowledge a number of options exits in the area of DG which do have "pros and cons".

To my knowledge you have these "basic" options:

a.) Create a LS_UN_SUB per "regulation" => in this case the identifer maintained reflects directly the regulation (e.g. ADR etc.)

In doing so the "rest" is quite simple => you generate a DG_CL_SUB and enter per regulation the necessary specification key

b.) Create a LS_UN_SUB and combining regulations in the LS_UN_SUB specification => to my knowledge now if the DG description of ADR is different compared to ADNR you would create two identifers of the same type etc. (language) but ! you assign different lists (regulatory lists). If they are the same two lists need to be assigned to the identifier. Using this approach you can use in DG_CL_SUB definition the same specification key (LS_US_SUB)

Key topic is the "identification listing" D_DANGOOD as mentioned above. Pay attention regarding this information of online help:

"The system does not take usages into account, that is the combinations of rating and validity area, for identifiers in phrase generation. "

I hope that this helps a little bit.

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 28, 2010 11:59 AM

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 28, 2010 12:01 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and came across this thread. In my case, everything was ok in terms of the SPRO setting for the identifiers, and the LS_UN_SUBs had identifiers present and with the various reglists assigned.

I found after many hours of getting nowhere with online advice, that it was the NAM/DG identifiers on the DG_CL_SUB that were interfering. Since the identifiers are stored at the LS_UN_SUB level with all the translations, but with the DG_CL_SUb also having identifiers (BUT with no reg_list associated to them), the filling process stopped at the DG_CL_SUB level, saw no identifiers with a reg list, and then errored out and complained about the missing identifiers.

I changed the identifiers on the DG_CL_SUB level to "NAM/PROD" types, and now the filling works..it skips over the DG_CL_SUB in its search for identifiers, and goes down to the LS_UN_SUB level and finds them. I still cannot find any "proof" that my approach is mandatory, but just wanted to share this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Christoph,

Well it looks like my problems are not fully solved. The DG phrases are not being created, but every other field seems to be filled in the DG master.

I have done some troubleshooting and found the issue: When i change the Active phrase library back to "CUST", the filling of phrases works.

When i change the active phase library to the new library name, it does not work.

Is there some sort of activity that needs done in order for DG filling to recognize the new library name? I have other customers who have their own library name (not CUST) and their filling works fine, but for this one customer, it does not.

I have already tried the "Activate phrasing" in SPRO, thinking that might be the activity that needs to be redone, but it comes back that nothing was changed.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Scott

I assume this: there is only one active phrase catalog, This phrase catalog must be used for any EHS activity. IN this one catalog you need to define phrase groups or DG filling will not work. As you can not use the saem phrase group twice (for active and passive catalog) I assume that you must use CUST (which will be the active one)7T.

C.B.

PS: DON'T CHANGE EVER IN YOUR LIFETIME the "active" catalog (siwtch a different one as active and do the active passive) THIS IS NOT A GOOD CHOICE !

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Christoph -we found the problem today. For the new library name, when we go to the "details" of it, the internal number range was blank. I entered 0I and now it works!

Originally, I only went to the SPRO activity "Specify Number Ranges for Phrases" and saw entries there, when I should have gone to the phrase library, clicked Details, and then made sure the active library had a value for Internal No Range entered.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar problem where SAP was giving error on Phrase generation while DG filling

The problem got fixed after making the changes in EHS configuration in Specs management

Identification category 'DG' is defined

(SPRO->EH&S->Basic data and tools->Specs Management->Specs Master->

Check Identification category)

Make sure that For ID Listing 'D_DANGOOD' NAM 'DG' is defined in the definition

(SPRO->EH&S->Basic data and tools->Specs Management->Specs MAster->Check Identification listing)

Thanks

Kishor Kolhe

EH&S Manager - Scotts Miracle Gro