cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Units in separate column next to key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Could someone please explain step by step how to display the key figure results in one column and the mapped unit in the next column using bex analyzer 3.5. An example would be:

Now:

Order# 1 Cost Element1 100Lbs $100

Order#2 Cost Element2 5Pcs $50

Should be:

Order#1 Cost Element1 100 Lbs 100 USD

Order#2 Cost Element2 5 PCs 50 USD

I should mention that I've tried displaying the characteritic for units in both the rows and columns with no success when I displayed it in rows I received the following results:

Order#1 Cost Element1 Lbs 100

Order#1 Cost Element1 USD 100

Order#2 Cost Element2 Pcs 5

Order#2 Cost Element 2 USD 50

In summary I would like to display the unit key whichever it may be for the key figure for quantity in one column. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once you have the unit characteristic in the rows, switch the display to table mode. Then you can place the unit characteristic after the key figure and get the desired result.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. But could you please explain how to accomplish this task using business anlayzer 3.x.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pull the Unit character into the Rows in the Query Designer where you need to display.

Now run the report, then you can able to get the Units.

Regards,

Ravi Kanth

former_member183777
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run your query, select Change query local and on the right side of the query designer toolbar, you will see an icon called table view. Click on the table view. Instead of rows and column you will get one area with every object from rows and columns. Now you can arrange the sequence as needed. You van put the unit infoobject after the key figure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

I have the same issue but in BI7.

Would your described solution work for BI7 as well ?

If yes, what would be different in your answer ?

For instance in BI 7 I don't find "Change query local" neither would I see the "table view" icon.

Many thanks for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

You can see the table display icon in the Query designer.

Got to the Query Designer click on the table display icon in the main menu next to query properties and

then arrange your objects as needed

Regards,

Vishwa.

former_member623450
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Writting macro is one good way.

Even to do with table view. You need to use the NODIM to both Key figures.

Then Use the table setting in query designer to place the Key figures and characteristic ( of unit) accordingly.

Once you Open the Query designer , In top query menu options . you can see the ICon fro the Table view.

Just click on it. You will get the KF and char. there you can placce them as required.

Regards,

SKDDON

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get crazy .... I can't find that table view icon !!!

My top menu from left to right is:

New Query.., Open Query ..., Save Query ..., Save All, Execute, Check, Query Properties, Cut, Copy, Paste, InfoProvider, Filter, Rows/Columns, Cells, Conditions, Exceptions, Properties (Open), Tasks, Messages, Where-used, Documents, Technial Names

????????????????????????

Edit:

Doesn't matter anymore...I just found a note that "Table view" is not supported anymore in 7.x

Check SAP note 1002271.

Thanks

Edited by: Heiko Hafenmaier on Jun 2, 2010 4:53 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use Formula to remove the unit from the Keyfigure. Use NODIM(Keyfigure). Add the characteristic UNIT to the existing Query.

Cheers,

Madhu

Pravender
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either you can try the way Madhu has given.

Alternatively you can write workbook (Excel) macros.