cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service transported but not active in QA environment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

In order to support a template document i've created a web service using the web service tool. All is working fine in DEV and all has been successfully transported to QA environment (I think). The web service objects have been included in the transport using transaction CRMOST_TRANSPORT and I see the web service in the web service tool in QA.

Problem is that the web service is not active. In the web service tool I see the web service and see that the Active status is still available to be selected. When I select it I get the following errors:

- Object type does not exist

- Not possible to get data for service object

- Activation cannot be performed in this client:

- Details Changes to Repository objects are not permitted in this client

I read somewhere that you have to do 'after import functions' for web services but don't know what!? Is it simply a matter of opening the client in QA and reactivating the web service in the Web Service Tool?

Thanks,

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manually configured the webservice definition in WSCONFIG and transported it. Its all fine now...

former_member206299
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick ,

Ihave a question.

I created a webservice through CRM 7.0 Web Service Tool

ie we went to Component WS_DESIGN_TOOL and executed the component and we Launched the tool ,

using tool we created a Web service for Sales Order, Due to missing of some settings I guess it didnt ask for a Transport request and it went and saved in an ' Local Object'.

Could you please help in explaining as what steps we need to configure to make sure that the web service goes and sits in a Transport which is required in moving it to QA System.

Regards,

Sijo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sijo,

You have to use program 'CRMOST_TRANSPORT' (using transaction SE38/SA38) to transport the webservice definition.

After the import of the definition the system will generate the objects (i.e. function group and structures) in your QA environment.

Best regards,

Patrick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

due to the fact that I' have enhanced the ws I get the following error message when I'm trying to transport the definition via rep CRMOST_TRANSPORT.

Has anybody an idea how I can transport the ws AND the enhancement?

Thanks in advance,

Patrick

Object ENHO YCRMA5000_WS_COMPLAINT_ENH has dependencies to STRU /CRMOST/YCR002ROSBTHEADERCU001; please remove this dependency

MichaelNe
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Patrick,

did you check the FAQ note 1300943 of the web service tool? Contains some solutions for transport issues.

Best Regards,

Michael