Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XML Data Connection : Relative path

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm new to Xcelsius

I have added an XML Data Connection with a static path pointing to a xml file in my C:/

Now I would like to point the path to a relative path like ./ where the XML file be place in the same place as the dashbord.

How can I do this?

~SaNv...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my information... you are not able to give relative path in XML data connection.

So what you can do is Create FlashVariable. Set its input to one cell. And in your XML datasource for XML Path using the Cell Selector map the same Cell which is mapped with FlashVar.

This way before loading file you can set xml file path using FlashVar property of SWF.

-

Ganesh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have inserted a text field to get the xml file input path and inserted that on a cell.

Then made tha XML connection to read this cell for loading the XML file. This works fine in the xcelsius preview, however when I exported this as an swf/pdf i get the below error in accessing the XML.

To access external data, this file must be trusted.
For a PDF file, in Adobe Reader, click Edit > Preferences > Security (Enhanced).
For any other file type:
**Do NOT click OK until you have read all the following steps.** 
1. Click OK to close this message and open the Adobe Settings Manager in a web browser.
2. Click Global Security Settings Panel.
3. On the Global Security Settings Panel:
   a). In the u201CAlways trust files in these locationsu201D drop-down, select Add location.
   b). Click Browse for files.
   c). Do one of the following:
       - For a PowerPoint file, navigate to the PowerPoint.exe location.
       - For all other file types, navigate to the location of this file.
   d). Click Open.
4. Close the Adobe Settings Manager. Re-open this file.
If the problem persists, contact the file creator or your system administrator.

Error: Error #2148
Connection Type: XML Data
File URL: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/santhosh/Desktop/final.swf
External Data URL: C:\Documents and Settings\santhosh\Desktop\test.xml

I have also added the XML file in the Global secuirity testing

~SaNv...

santhosh_kumarv
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Error #2148 is resolved.

In addition to the XML file path I also added the folder path that has the XML and this worked.

I need one more info does xcelcius doesnt support excel array formulas.

~SaNv...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santhosh,

I tried out the XML-datasource in Xcelsius 2008 SP3, exported my dashboard as PDF and faced the error #2148, cannot access external data.

I already added the crossdomain.xml to my webservers ROOT-folder and added the folder of the dashboard and PDF file to my trusted folders in the advanced security settings of my PDF Reader.

Also added the XML file and folder in Adobe Global Security settings, but still getting the same error.

Could you pls help?