Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tax procedure condition based / formula based

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query.

1.Based on tax procedure how we can identify that the tax procedure is formula based or condition based.

2.what are advantages over one another.

3.Is their any other way we can find out tax procedure attached to po is formula based / condition based.

4.What is sequence to create procedure and maintain record for these two procedure.

Thanks & Regards

Atharva G.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

1.Two types of tax proceedure present in current scenario are "formula based tax calculation" & "condition based tax calculation"

these are "TAXINJ" & "TAXINN" respectively. there are no other versions of them in standard.

2. Advantageous of both vary depending on your business usage, like if you have a small organization you may opt for TAXINN since less complicacy & less condition records needs to be maintained. But large enterprises may opt for TAXINJ die to flexibility in tax calculation based on control codes & tax codes.

3. Condition records in TAXINJ(Formula based) have 100% maintenance in tax codes base.

4.create conditions->assign access sequence to conditions->create Proceedure (assign conditions)0->create cond. records from most generic to most specific.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the Indian scenario, SAP has provided to tax schemas TAXINN (condition based) and TAXINJ (formula based).

Normally, one of the two is assigned to the country IN.

Check the condition records using FV13. If you find some records with condition type JMOP (Basic excise duty), chances are that a condition based tax procedure is being used.

Regards,

Aroop

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atharva,

I will list out the differences and advamtages between the two

TAX INJ procedure is formula based

TAX INN procedure is condition based

In TAX INJ to define the tax rates we are using excise tax rate in J1ID AND tax code ( FTXP)

In TAXINN nothing we are entering in tax code also , we are entering every duties in FV11( condition records)

Amending the duty rates is very easy in case of TAXINN than TAXINJ since we are mentioning the tax duties in FV11 through validity periods, if the tax rate is changed from that date we can maintain the record for the new period in FV11

IN TAXINN assign taxcode to company code is manadatory but its not manadatory in case of TAXINJ

Kindly get back to me, if you have any more clarifications.

Balakrishna R.V

Sonata Software Pvt Ltd.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

we are using the procedure TAXINN for our business scenario.

I have assigned the Tax code to company code and all the tax conditions has been maintained .

Taxes are not getting populated in the Purchase order.

Pricing procedure we have copied is "JTAX"

can I have suggestion to sort out the said issue.

Venkatesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did u maintained proper calculation type there?