cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linked Reports with Web Intelligence Rich Client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to build a linked report with WebI Rich client without using InfoView?

Assume the following simple report which select some fields of a file transfer information.

TransferID Filename Transfer Status

-

1 a OK

2 b OK

3 a NOK

Now I want to click on the record with TransferID 3 and get some more information for that particular record such as:

TransferID Filename Transfer Status Date Duration

-

3 a NOK Feb 24 5

In other words, I'd like to do select of that table with the where condition "TransferID = 3" which corresponds to the record I clicked in my initial report.

Thanks a lot,

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chiran,

Thanks for your reply. This solution certainly works if we use InfoView. However, in the current setup we are only using the WebI rich client without InfoView and hence we do not have a web / application server for passing hyperlinks.

Would it still be possible to link two tables in one WebI report without InfoView?

Thanks,

Kurt

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kurt,

take a look at this,this might helps you

thanks & regards

Sreekanth K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kurt

Have you found any solution for "to link two tables in one WebI report without InfoView".

I will appreciate if you can share the same.

Regards

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is possible by creating hyperlink on Transfer ID column.

Steps:

First create one report with TransferID, Filename, Transfer Status and Date Duration fields and set prompt on Transfer Id , define it as Single value selection.

create Hyperlink on Transfer ID column in the main report by using OpenDoc and pass the transfer ID value to the detail report.

<a href="http://serverip:8080/OpenDocument/opendoc/openDocument.jsp?sType=Wid&sDocName=ReportName&lsSPrompttext="+[Object Name]+">DetailReportName</a>

Hope this will solve ur problem

Thanks.

ChiranGV