cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS Specification Identifier Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I really need an Exit for Specification Identifiers. My requirement is: In transaction CG02, when ever a particular Identifier is added/changed to the Identifier tab, another 2 identifiers will be automatically added/modified.

I need to do this in any exit. I have not found any exit so far, where I can incorporate this functionality.

Thanks,

Ipsita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

to answer your question I would need informations on your SAP EH&S release. With e.g. SAP ERP 6.0 (ECC 6.0) further options exists to do "something" in this area. There are some ned BAdis in place.

In theory you should take a look in customizing. You wil find this:

Per identifier it is possible to prepare a function module. Normally this function module is used ot "check content". e.g. to verify if the identifier entered e.g. is "allowed" (e.g. CAS number). May be (i am not sure) you could use this "indirect" exit to enter automatically further identifiers.

Further more (and here I have no experience sorry) there could be a further solution. The SAP EH&S tables and properties are handled "similar". If you take a look in customizing you will find that the property e.g. "density" is prepared in the "same" way (e.g. ESTRI, ESTMJ etc.). With SAP Enterprise 4.7 you can prepare there further "screen" logic etc. I am not sure if this can be used in the context of identifiers too.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: as any "action" in EH&S can trigger a workflow and an "creation of aan identifer is such an action" you could use this "entry" point in coding to create further identifers.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Feb 28, 2010 12:13 PM