cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATA: Time sheet: Transfer to target componets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please please give me an overview of what CATA (t-code) does?

I have done some config in sandbox:

I booked time in cat2 with a sender cost ctr + activity type and receiver cost center in ECC 6.0. With out running cata (t-code), I was able to see the actuals in cost center actual line item report and PS.

I did not understand what was the purpose of CATA ?

Thank you

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please let us know what is your Cost object on which you are trying to book cost ? And which transaction you are executing i.e. sequence. There is not point that only with CAT2 actual cost you will be able to get.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have saved time in Cat2 for a personnel#. Below is the data entered. In CAT2 I gave Sender Cost center + activity type + receiving WBS element. After saving I checked the cost center actual line items and WBS actual line items and I was able to see the costs. I did not use CATA(t-code).I am just trying to understand the process and how CATA works ?

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With only running CAT2 there is not point Actual cost can come in PS line item reports. In this scenario actual cost to come you need to run CAT5 - Time transfer to controlling not CATA

( some one would have run CAT5 in foreground or background or via scheduled job ) than only actual cost can come. Just check it out.

Check CJI3 - Change layout, select filed business transaction and ref business transaction it should be RKL and CATS. ( If vyou cost is posted by CAT5 )

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business transaction in the actual shows :RKL. I am doing this testing in ECC 6.0 sandbox. I am thinking that SAP might have enhanced to show real time update in Controlling with out running CAT5 or CAT7

nitin_patoliya
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

However, I am not sure but, I don't thinks so, because even I am workinng in ECC6.0, I don't belive that this kind of development sap will do in any near future EHP or version. Please let me know you are on which EPH in ECC6.0

Because than there is no point of approval Functionality or T code - CAT4. It is one of the most required functionality of Any type of Time sheet.

There is some thing wrong. Can you double check and try to replicate the same in More reliable environment Quality.

This is not at all std. SAP behavior. Doe some analysis in in CJi3 with whose id actual cost got posted etc.

With Regards

Nitin P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the data entry profile the config. i setup was set to release. When I un checked this indicator, I have to enter the time in CAT2 , then approve and then run cat7 to see the actual .

Former Member
0 Kudos

done