cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New forum needed on SAP Event Management

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I currently run 2 forums with around 300 users on SAP Event Management. I had to create private forums because none is available on SDN.

SAP Event Management is a seperate module that used to only exist on SAP SCM but it is now and add-on module for SAP ERP, SNC, AII and TM.

Who else sees the need for a forum for this incredibly useful tool?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

H3llo I am in support of SCN created a forum exclusively for the use of SAP Event Management.

Answers (15)

Answers (15)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its been good to see the small modules gaining so much strength in SAP world. But would be great if we can get some walkthrough in this SAP Event Management Module. Can you please provide some useful links and documentations for the same.

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can post this request on the new SAP EM forum [|] and we can answer it there

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bravo Kevin and company and yep, now folks can post their queries (after they have FIRST searched) in the new forum. Nice going

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We were successful in getting the SCN SAP Event Managemtn forum launched:

Thank you to all for responding to this request.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you all for the push to get a SAP Event Management forum - We were successful. Please check it out at [| ] and use it to post your questions.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just a quick update to the group out there. I know we're currently a small group but as we grow our voices are being heard...

SAP are in the process of granting our request and I hope to see the results soon... Thank you for your support and as Marilyn mentioned the forum will only be as good as it's frequency and volume of usage so keep on watching this space.

If you want to receive new on SAP EM and the announcement of when the forum is ready you can sign up to the SAP EM newsletter at [ERPGenie|http://www.erpgenie.com/sap-event-management].

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Let me know if help is required to get SCM Event Management off the ground. The fact Community Manager like Marilyn has replied is a positive step and am sure your request is in process of getting approved and executed.

And if I can add my thanks for maintaining the Event Management Wiki under SCM Wiki space.

Regards,

Somnath

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Somnath,

I'll wait to see if they approve the go ahead for the forum and if not we'll see if you can help us out here...

Regarding the SAP EM Wiki, I try to keep as much information on SAP EM public as possible because I have seen too many times where people misrepresent SAP EM or tell someone that it's not the right tool for the job when in fact it is.

I have made it my mission to bring SAP EM to the SAP community... It's a slow process but I'm going to do it with the help of my fellow SAP EM enthusiasts like yourself.

Thank you.

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is great initiative and i fully support the need of seperate forum for SAP Event Management due to its cross-functional integration.

SAP EM plays a major role in the supply chain visibility and functionality capabilities can be further learned and harvested by mutual sharing among forum members.

Best,

- Sandeep Pradhan

SAP PRESS Author " Implementing and Configuring SAP Event Management"

marilyn_pratt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The clearer the support for this here, the more likely the success of the forum. Glad to see community requests flowing and hope each of you will think to participate and contribute to the topic. Last thing we like to do here is create "dead" real estate so live action needs to be demonstrated. Interacting on this thread is first step. Bravo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in support of SCN created a forum exclusively for the use of SAP Event Management. Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Agreed Kevin, a dedicated forum for EM is well overdue. It's a fantastically flexible product.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kevin - I am in full support of this. I believe it is a great initiative and it is really high time to have a dedicated forum for EM in SDN. Always SDN is a great place to contribute and also for quick reference. I definitely think we need a dedicated forum for Event Management. Having a forum will definitely help each one of us.

Great Effort in getting this up to the speed.

Thank You

Sivakumar Ganesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

i fully support the need of separate forum for SAP EM (or SCEM) . if you go back to the history in early 2000 when we first launched EM we use to have stand alone and i believe only in SCM40 it got merged and now again we have different deployment opportunities.

Considering cross industry functionality and applicability of SAP EM and specific industry like logistics and transportation industry, this need would be greatly justified.

I am not sure whether this specific request have been taken to SAP product management but in any case i am planning to approch sap product managers from my end as well.

Thank you for taking up this initiative.

Valan

SAP America.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Event Management needs to be a part of the SCN community. The module is a vital part of the SAP overall landscape with the multiple processes it is capable of tracking. The new Transportation Module has been designed to seamlessly integrate with EM and will also deserve a place of its own in SCN upon its release. SAP's move to a more modular structure with its product is inevitable; Event Management will play a very important part of interfacing to several of those modules.

myra_gill
Explorer
0 Kudos

SDN should set up a forum for SCEM. I have been involved in SAP systems since 1995. SCEM is very different from most of the other SAP environments. A place is needed to have people be able to share information about how to do things within the system. It would be much better to have the forum in a SAP controlled environment instead of having this forum in other venues.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, please setup an Event Management Forum . . . . I need a place to share, research and support this module to its' fullest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am in support of SCN created a forum exclusively for the use of SAP Event Management

Former Member
0 Kudos

In fact SAP EM needs his on forum to share experiences between users, such forum will an very efficient tool to boost this module !

BR,

Jérémy

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am in. It is always better to wide the options range here on SDN and not make people run their private forums. Otto