Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone point me where to find SAP delivered LSMW Templates. I am referring to the Templates that are provided by SAP for LSMW (specifically LSO area) to upload data from Legacy systems into SAP. Is there place in Service Market place or ECC where you can find this

Edited by: Matt Dave on Mar 4, 2010 12:07 PM

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see following OSS notes (they have attachments)

1348460 SAP Best Practices for Data Migration v1.603

1253725 New Data Migration package for SAP Business All-in-One

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

I searched for the above notes and the message is displayed as "Document not released". Pls help.

Thanks.

Regards,

Srinivas Ch

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

no change to my answer that I gave in 2010

mngel_taavi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

How can be the content of following OSS notes accessed:

1348460 SAP Best Practices for Data Migration v1.603

1253725 New Data Migration package for SAP Business All-in-One

I continuosly receive a message:

"The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only"

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

open a message yourself in OSS and ask SAP.

0 Kudos

Mängel,

Uh, you might want to try searching notes in the same way you would search for any other topic. Try the search phrase "Best Practices for data migration", as suggested earlier by Jürgen. I'll bet you find something.....

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

It s very bizarre but SAP in it's ASAP focus methodology refers to customized LSMW objects in order to accelerate the implementation, but later, in the Best Practice 3.607documentation, sends you to Best Practice Data Migration which is based in Business Objects...

From my point of view, there is lack of congruence...

Anyone had luck with resolving this puzzle?

KR,

Oleg.

0 Kudos

After a thorough searching and talking to some gurus, there is a way to load the master data with ECATTS that are included into SAP Best Practices' building blocks.

1276914 - Advanced Installation Options of SAP Best Practices Packages

But the best way for us was to reuse one's LSMW project for this purpose. LSMW is an old but a still good tool for data migrations, if you control the technical part of SAP well of course.