cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDS for 64 bit Windows 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I want to install NWDS on my Windows 7 64-bit OS. I searched for suitable NWDS(like 7.0, CE7.1, CE7.2 along with their trial versions), but they were available only for 32-bit Windows.

Can you please provide some links where I can download NWDS for 64 bit Windows(any trial version)? I want to learn BPM and WDJ.

Really appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my current knowledge we are not supporting 700 NWDS on 64bit platforms, see the note:

#1225606 - Platform Restrictions f. NetWeaver Developer Studio 2.x-7.0x

I am going to ask the author of the note #1566977 to doublecheck this conflict, since there I can see the entry

"7.00: Currently no issues known." and that is in conflict with the note 1225606 which metniones that there is support, only for 32 bit platforms.

Thanks and Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We've just faced problems with NWDS 7.0.10 working on Windows 7 64 bit.

Namely the studio doesn't display some tabs in a View panel, which are:

-Properties

-Plugs

-Actions

-Methods

There is always tab's name and a blank page below.

FIY, the #1566977 note doesn't cover that issue.

[print screen|http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6674/nwdsproblem.jpg]

Edited by: Daniel Garbien on Aug 11, 2011 11:26 AM

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

check this thread too:

(this includes a note for clarification).

Further, the Product Availibility Matrix is indeed a bit misleading (we will soon make it more obvious).

The thing is that NWDS is supported on 64bit platforms, but the JDK has to be 32bit. So only JDK is supported (no JRE) and even if your platform is 64bit, JDK has to be 32bit.

See also the note:

#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1566977)

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, frns.

I will try installing and let u know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS would work fine as long as we got JDK-1.6.I386 version as the JRE running time on the Windows 64 platform.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apparently there is still some problem with the "Developer" and "Evaluation" version of NWDS 7.1/7.2, I could get it running on my Windows 64 platform, but there is no support for Web Dynpro project.

But finally I got the "Release" version of NWDS 7.2.3, and it works perfect till now.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I seem to be having a similar problem of trying to install NWDS 7.3 on windows 7 64 bit client.

I managed to successfully install the 32 bit JDK 1.6 ( windows complained a lot )

Changed the System variable to read the 32 bit JDK

I managed to finally not get the error when I run NWDS ( complaining that I didnt have the supported JDK in the required path )

But then NWDS starts up then crashes.

Have you had any luck with getting NWDS 7.3 to run on 64 bit client, if so do you have anything that could potentially help?

Much appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no 64-bit version for SAP client tools, such as SAP GUI, NWDS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Effan and Shen for clearing my doubt.

So, can I install NWDS 7.2 Trial Version on 64 bit windows 7 or will it give me any problems(though, i suppose it won't)?

I also want to install CE server(trial version) on the same desktop. As far as I know, CE server will be 64 bit compatible, by default.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

NWDS 7.2 Trial Version is 32-bit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No it wont give you any problems, I have it on my windows 7 x64 machine and it works.

If you see any bugs, report it :). Only the portal drive suxx atm (on win7 x64). Have fun!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello my friend

There's no pure 64bit NWDS released, but current ones (700, 701 and 2.0) can run in 32bit compatibility mode of 64bit windows OS. You'll find the processes marked *32 in task manager, which means they are 32bit application running in compatibility mode.

Regards,

Effan