Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW BI-JAVA 7.01 SP6 deployment failed with error main_rules.ept

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I've installed a new Web AS JAVA instance 7.01 SR1 with usage type BI-JAVA

I then patched this instance with SP6

At the end of the deployment process, I got a message from JSPM stating that the deployment failed but all the components had the status deployed.

I pushed further the investigation and found out in the file main_rules.ept.log the following problem

PCD auto-import file main_rules.ept in no-overwrite-mode ...FAILED
Import failed.
Object ID: pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/main_rules
Transport File: D:\usr\sap\JD2\JC00\j2ee\cluster\server0\apps\sap.com\irj\servlet_jsp\irj\root\WEB-INF\deployment\pcdContent\no_overwrite\main_rules.ept
	at com.sapportals.portal.pcd.gl.transport.PcdGlTransportManager.handleXmlException(PcdGlTransportManager.java:984)
< a lot of error messages here ... taken out for the sake of clarity>
Original exception: 
java.lang.NullPointerException

Though, the portal application is up and running! What can be the consequences of such an error? How to correct it?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastien

I'm also getting the same error implementing a NW 7.01 SP5 patch from SP3. Have you had any luck resolving it?

I also notice that in my PCD the "Portal Administrators" and "Portal Users" folders are labelled incorrectly as administrators and every-user respectively, do you see the same

in your system?

Regards

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

sorry for the late reply but I got stuck in an upgrade / unicode conversion

Now, I did not do anything to "solve" this issue as the only issue I can notice is this error message. The portal still runs fine, no problem concerning the display rules whatsoever.

Next time I'll have the opportunity to check the label of the folders Portal Administrators and Portal Users ...

Nik3
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi everyone

I had the same problem as you. After the deployment of SP6 JSPM told me that there was an error during portal deployment although all components had the status "Deployed" (newly installed system).

PCD auto-import file main_rules.ept in no-overwrite-mode ...FAILED

Import failed.
Object ID: pcd:portal_content/administrator/super_admin/main_rules

I opened a customer message @SAP:

The solution is to rename the file "main_rules.ept.err" into "main_rules.ept" and restart the J2EE engine. If the file main_rules.ept was renamed to main_rules.ept.bak after the restart everything is OK acc. to SAP (-> note 1130469 ).

Best regards

Nik

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Abuzar
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

Did you solved your issue of "PCD auto-import file main_rules.ept in no-overwrite-mode ...FAILED"

I got the same error. Please help asap.

Thanks.

Abuzar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure the portal is running fine ....to avoid that make sure the Master Rule Collection in the super admin folder under system admin has the last entry as if users =* then the default desktop is assigned.

also check if you have any incorrect rules in there...