cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Mangement steps - questions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have a task in hand to implement Inventory Management in SAP BW 3.5. Now, this is the first time that we will be implementing anything related to Logistics and I havenu2019t done so earlier in my support projects. I have got 10 hrs of down

I have gone through some threads (as below) and the How to document for the same.

I have below ques:

1) The How to document says, u201CMany customers also use program RSM13005 (schedule job periodically) to import data from an application from the central update table to the delta queue or RMBWV303 to write data from the extraction queue to the delta queue. In this case, also make sure that the program is not to be started before the initialization has been carried out successfully as this results in the loss of data records in the extraction queue or central update table.u201D

Q u2013 How to make sure that the program is not started before the initialization has been carried out.

2) As answered by Surendra Reddy in one of the thread -

Step 2.First clear Setuptables, RSA7, SMQ1 in ECC and Cube data in BW.

Q2.1 u2013 Do I have to clear setuptables from LBWG- MC03BX0SETUP, MC03BF0SETUP?

Q2.2 - SMQ1 u2013 Do I need to delete all the entries in there or any specific?

Q2.3 - RSA7 u2013 Do I need to delete entries for 2LIS_03_BX (I guess it wonu2019t be there as this is delta Q?) , 2LIS_03_BF and 2LIS_03_UM?

3) The How to document says u2013 u201CActivate the extract structure MC03BF0 for the corresponding DataSources 2LIS_03_BX/2LIS_03_BF in the LO cockpit (transaction code in R/3: LBWE) before initializing the opening balanceu201D

Q u2013 Should I activate 2LIS_03_BF after successful initialization run of 2LIS_03_BX OR even if both are activated before 2LIS_03_BX run, that is fine?

4) The thread says in step 6 i.e. after initialization run of 2LIS_03_BX.--> Delete the setup tables once the BW load completes.

Q - Which Setup tables ???

5) The thread says in step 12 i.e. after "Initializing the delta process" run of 2LIS_03_BF  Delete the setup tables once the BW load completes.

6) The thread says in step 15 i.e. after "Initializing the delta process" run of 2LIS_03_UM  Delete the setup tables once the BW load completes.

7) Step 19 says "STOP V3 JOBu201D don't run till all Historical data is finished.

Q u2013 Do I need to check in LBWE u2013 job control (against Inventory Controlling) that it is not scheduled?

😎 In the same thread Shirley Tremblay stated that when she was running Historical loads of BF to fill the setup table when divided into multiple jobs spread historically it wasnu2019t giving the right data while when she ran a full setup table for BF resulting in many hours of runtime, she got correct results.

Q u2013 What is the right process?

9) For running historical loads of UM to fill the setup table -

Q - Do I need to run these loads after successful historical run of BF or can this be started alongwith BF?

10) Do I need to run the FULL Load IP (for historical runs) with same date ranges as I gave for filling the respective setup tables?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Q1.How to make sure that the program is not started before the initialization has been carried out.

A- All the users needs to be out and check BG jobs for this Prog TCODE- (MCNB)

Q2.1 u2013 Do I have to clear setuptables from LBWG- MC03BX0SETUP, MC03BF0SETUP?

A - Yes

Q2.2 - SMQ1 u2013 Do I need to delete all the entries in there or any specific?

A- All.

Q2.3 - RSA7 u2013 Do I need to delete entries for 2LIS_03_BX ?

A- Dont delete the init,Empty the Queue and pull data to BW and Delete the Data.

Q Should I activate 2LIS_03_BF after successful initialization run of 2LIS_03_BX OR even if both are activated before 2LIS_03_BX run, that is fine?

A- Activate the str before running the DS BF.

Q- The thread says in step 6 i.e. after initialization run of 2LIS_03_BX.--> Delete the setup tables once the BW load completes. - Which Setup tables ???

A- Setup tables for Application Comp 03 to avoid data missmatch casue you will be filling setup tables again for BF and then UM.

Rest you have How to Document for IM implementation and follow SAP Notes.Abt full Load data load depends Volume of your data that will be heavy any way.Try splitting on Data range.

You are asking deleting which setup tables every time you have to delete 03 only.Try this Blog for Retail management they have given, how to handle these data source as per 7.0.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Retail/AnalyticsforSAPforRetail

Read Confugration guide for RMA.This tells you steps for these data sources in Detail.

~AK

former_member197295
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, What is the main use of Analytics in SAP IS RETAIL?

How Analytics in SAP RETAIL is related to Inventory Management?

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Inventory Management : is common for any kind of FMCG Companies.So it is very much usefull for IS RETAIL.

Thanks

Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use 2LIS_03_BX, 2LIS_03_BF, 2LIS_03_UM to 0IC_C03 Cube and design the report.

Use : 0VALSTCKVAL " for Value 0VALSTCKQTY " for Qty 0CALMONTH " for Month

Use the above combinations in New Selections in columns and go it.

For Qty Opening:

New Selection bad drag abd drop following things

0VALSTCKQTY " for Qty

0CALMONTH " for Month and restrict with less then or equalto option variable (single value, user input) and set the offeset

value = -1 bcoz if user will give 12.2009 , so it will display 11.2009 closing stock, this is opening for 12.2009.

For Qty Closing:

New Selection bad drag abd drop following things

0VALSTCKQTY " for Qty

0CALMONTH " for Month and restrict with less then or equalto option variable (single value, user input) .

In the same way build for Value and other Keyfigures on 0IC_C03.

And

Drag & drop

0MATERAIL 0PLANT " Give some Input Variable.

See the steps.

If it is BI 7 then for BX in in DTP in Extraction Tab you need to select Extacrion mode = NON-Cumulative option.

Inventory Management (0IC_C03) Part - 2

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0783925-f4be-2c10-9c89-ffa108f72547&override... 

Inventory Management (0IC_C03) Part - 1

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/business-intelligen...

https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/Surendra+Reddy

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ashok for the answers.

Surendra, as always you keep impressing with useful pieces of informations.

-

I am awaiting answers to below ques:

7) Step 19 says "STOP V3 JOBu201D don't run till all Historical data is finished.

Q u2013 Do I need to check in LBWE u2013 job control (against Inventory Controlling) that it is not scheduled?

-

😎 In the same thread Shirley Tremblay stated that when she was running Historical loads of BF to fill the setup table when divided into multiple jobs spread historically it wasnu2019t giving the right data while when she ran a full setup table for BF resulting in many hours of runtime, she got correct results.

-

Q - Do I need to run these loads after successful historical run of BF or can this be started alongwith BF?

-

10) Q - Do I need to run the FULL Load IP (for historical runs - Choosing the upload mode "Initializing the delta process".) with same date ranges as I gave for filling the respective setup tables?

-

Thanks!

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you must not run that inLBWE, for Inventory you can find the job name in SM37

LIS-BW-VB_APPLICATION_03 ,so it should not happen till you complete Historical loads.

-

Generally don't run somany jobs for single DataSource, becasue then setuptable is same but you are loading it by using multiple jobs, and also it will create confussion, so don't go like that, go one by one, it is easy and good also.

-

You can load parallelly becasue for both datasources the setup tabels are different, so you no need to wait for BF load

-

10) Q - Do I need to run the FULL Load IP (for historical runs - Choosing the upload mode "Initializing the delta process".) with same date ranges as I gave for filling the respective setup tables?

Once you compelte Init with minimum date range from current day (and time and go back to month) then fill setup tables and use FULL InfoPackage select FUll in IP Processing.

Thanks

Reddy

alberto_rosado
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Surendra,

I will follow your method very soon, to put LO extraction in productive enviroment in IS-Retail ECC.

I have a MSEG table in Prod R/3 Retail, with 137.335.120 entries, so i have to be really careful and sure of what I do...

After reading your different posts, I just have one thing to ask, could you please confirm this table regarding marker up.

INIT

2LIS_03_BX with Marker Update (No Tick)

2LIS_03_BF with No Marker Update (Tick)

2LIS_03_UM with No Marker Update (Tick)

DELTA

2LIS_03_BF with Marker Update (No Tick)

2LIS_03_UM with Marker Update (No Tick)

FULL (Historic)

2LIS_03_BF with No Marker Update (Tick)

2LIS_03_UM with No Marker Update (Tick)

Thank you very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Surendra.

Wanted to ask, one more thing...During downtime there's no problem in keeping the interfaces on...right?

And, the R3 system went live in 2006 and considering that I am in logistics industry, the data volume is huge...will 10-11 hr downtime be sufficient?

MARC = 102,857 records

MARD = 272,936

MSEG = 7,171,134

BSEG = (system not respoding)

MARA = 9,571

Any suggestions?

former_member181964
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes not a problem, 10-11 hours is more then sufficient for Init Loads so go ahead.

Full loads you can complete throughout the week.

Thanks

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos