This discussion is locked
11 Replies Latest reply: Oct 25, 2010 9:52 AM by Cheng Hsien Chen RSS

account determination and GBB

Frances Guan
Currently Being Moderated

Hi experts,

when I create a PO, if an account assignment cat. is selected, I will be able to see the G/L account proposed by system, since there is account grouping code assigned to the account assignment category. how the system figure out the right account is from account determination facility: valuation area, valuation class and this AGC.

system seems go to GBB and match to all these conditions and pick the account. why it goes to GBB to look for the account? the follow-on action for the PO should be GR and MvT is 101. GBB is only for issueing.

Thanks a lot,

Cookie

• Re: account determination and GBB
    Antony Vijay

Hi

If a PO is account assigned then, BSX  will not come into picture as consumption happens in GR.So through GBB and account modifier it picks GL account. In GR 101 you will see special stock indicator as well like E, K or Q.

If you do PO without account assignment then it goes to inventory that is BSX key.

Hope you are clear.

Regards

Antony

Frances Guan

Hi Antony, thanks. however this statement in your reply is exactly my confusion: why system goes through GBB to pick the GL account?

"....So through GBB and account modifier it picks GL account..."

I checked the value string for 101 with and w/o account assignment, yes, if with account assignment, GR will use the account from PO, if w/o goes to BSX. agree. the question is when picking GL account in PO, why through GBB?

cookie

Pardeep Malik

HI,

In case of Normal PO (W/o Account Assignment), at the time of GR, system searches for T/E Key "BSX" (Stock Account) and posts following Entry;

(BSX) Stock Account - Dr

(WRX) GR/IR Clearing A/c - Cr

And if we use Account Assignment (For e.g. "K") in PO then it searches for T/E Key "GBB" and under this it searches for valuation Modifier "VBR" and posts the following FI entry;

(GBB-VBR) Consumption Account - Dr

(WRX) GR/IR Clearing A/c - Cr

Regards,

Pardeep Malik

Frances Guan

Hi,

the answer I have been waiting for is around the corner, just one more step explanation please, where (which transaction code, which form or field)  in the system explicitely tell us it searches for T/E key "GBB"?

"...And if we use Account Assignment (For e.g. "K") in PO then it searches for T/E Key "GBB"..."

thanks a lot!

cookie

sudhansu satapathy

Where (which transaction code, which form or field) in the system explicitely tell us it searches for T/E key "GBB"?

Transaction code : OMWN

SPRO > Materials Management > Valuation and Account Assignment > Account Determination > Account Determination Wizard > Define Account Grouping for Movement types.  

*****************************************************************************

"...And if we use Account Assignment (For e.g. "K") in PO then it searches for T/E Key "GBB"..."

Yes, but search will not happen at P.O or ME21N.

Triggering of Transaction/Event Key is at times of Goods Movement(A classification key(Movement type e.g 101) indicating the type of material movement (for example, goods receipt, goods issue, physical stock transfer) )

During a goods movement, the offsetting entry for the inventory posting (transaction GBB) can be made to different accounts, depending on the movement type:

Movement type Account grouping Account

561 Init. entry of stock bal. BSA 399999

201 GI for cost center VBR 400000

Frances Guan

Hi experts,

I feel every reply is circling around the issue so far...or maybe I have a blind point of something that everyone takes for granted...

I understand from the beginning of this thread that how G/L is picked in goods movement. so please, do not waste time to repeat this part.

which I don't understand is how G/L account is picked when creating a po with account assignment since at this step no goods movement involved yet.

thanks,

cookie

Pardeep Malik

HI,

Offsetting entry for stock posting (GBB)

Offsetting entries for stock postings are used in Inventory Management. They are dependent on the account grouping to which each movement type is assigned.

So GBB is Offset Event key for Stock posting. In GBB there is certain Valuation Modifier for each Movement type, so system picks different Modifier as per movement type.

AUA: for order settlement

- AUF: for goods receipts for orders (without account assignment) and for order settlement if AUA is not maintained

- AUI: Subsequent adjustment of actual price from cost center directly to material (with account assignment)

- BSA: for initial entry of stock balances

- INV: for expenditure/income from inventory differences

- VAX: for goods issues for sales orders without account assignment object (the account is not a cost element)

- VAY: for goods issues for sales orders with account assignment object (account is a cost element)

- VBO: for consumption from stock of material provided to vendor

- VBR: for internal goods issues (for example, for cost center)

- VKA: for sales order account assignment (for example, for individual purchase order)

Stock posting (BSX)

This transaction is used for all postings to stock accounts. Such postings are effected, for example:

- In inventory management in the case of goods receipts to own stock and goods issues from own stock

- In invoice verification, if price differences occur in connection with incoming invoices for materials valuated at

moving average price and there is adequate stock coverage

- In order settlement, if the order is assigned to a material with moving average price and the actual costs at the time of

settlement vary from the actual costs at the time of goods receipt

Because this transaction is dependent on the valuation class, it is possible to manage materials with different valuation classes in separate stock accounts.

Regards,

Pardeep malik

Nazrin Rizal

Hi,

Im hoping to help you out a little further, provided that you already understood what the previous consultants were trying to explain.

Just imagine that, if you create a Purchase Order/Requisition without an account assignment.. this will lead to the system using your stock account automatically through:

Material Master --> Valuation Class --> OBYC --> BSX (generally)

Now..

If you choose to use an account assignment.. there are 3 scenarios...lets assume we are using K (Cost Centre)

1) Material Code with Accounting View --> Valuation Class

2) Material Code without Accounting View --> NO Valuation Class

3) Short text purchases

Scenario 1

System will search for Material Master --> Valuation Class

Then, OBYC --> GBB --> Gl Account for VBR for Valuation Class above.

Why did i say VBR? In your system it might be different. Check from SPRO --> MM --> Purchasing --> Account Assignment --> Maintain Account Assignment --> K Cost Centre --> Acct modification

Scenario 2

System will ignore Material Master --> Valuation Class

Then, OBYC --> GBB --> VBR --> GL Account with Blank Valuation Class

Scenario 3

Same as Scenario 2

As long as you choose to use an account assignment, system will automatically search in GBB... but where it searches within the GBB, is based on your configuration in Account Assignment --> Acct modification..

Hope this clears things up..

Frances Guan

I appreciate all your answers, but my only question is how do you know

"as long as you choose to use an account assignment, system will automatically search in GBB..."?

because in my understanding GBB is the offsetting transaction/event for stock posting in GI.

Thanks a lot,

cookie

Kishore Kumar Galla

hi,

For Purchase order with account assignment KBS key will hit.

we cannot assign this transaction/event key to an account.

It means that the account assignment is adopted from the purchase order and is used for the purpose of determining the posting keys for the goods receipt.

SAP will not update the Stock for the Account assigned PO , it will directly post the Stock to the Cost center account.- This is for Valuated Material types.

If you are using Non Valuated Material type (UNBW) then system will update the Stock for the Account assigned PO.

KK

Edited by: Kishore Kumar Galla on Mar 8, 2010 7:27 PM

Cheng Hsien Chen

This the standard function, "Default Account in Purchasing". If you create an account assignment PO. System will try to get a default G/L account from transaction/even key GBB. If this item without Material code. It will get valuation class from Material Group.

If you have the Training material. You can find it in chapter "Special Cases of Account Determination".

Actions