cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Netweaver CE 7.11 / 7.12 installations -- ALWAYS 500 Internal Server Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I've tried following EXACTLY two CE7.11 versions and the CE 7.12 Netweaver developer edition trials -- but after the home page I always get 500 Internal Server Error with a lot of diagnostics

*"Application error occurred during the request procession."*

*Details: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to retrieve client for current request. Causing exception is nested.*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.Task.getClient(Task.java:493)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.um.ClientUserFactory.checkAuthentication(ClientUserFactory.java:200)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.um.AbstractClientUserFactory$1.checkAuthentication(AbstractClientUserFactory.java:151)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.WDClientUser.checkAuthentication(WDClientUser.java:214)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.checkAuthentication(RequestManager.java:681)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:212)*

* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sessionctx.AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.delegateToRequestManager(*

* ......Loads more errors*

Now I MUST be doing something idiotic but I just can't find out what's wrong -- Both the server boxes are GREEN, I have plenty of storage on the workstation and have followed ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY including ensuring the database has been started correctly.

Turned of ALL firewalls just for simplicity -- no difference.

The initial home menu page appears correctly but if I click on ANY of the options then I get the error noted above -- and that's on 3 totally different CE installations.

Any ideas --the ABAP trial system installed fine on another workstation --its the JAVA one I have problems with

Cheers

jimbo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

Found it -- really a STUPID error -- I was running the system with its own IP address so localhost wasn't 127.0.0.1

For the ABAP stack I did have a loop back adapter st the localhost had the correct address

sometimes these tiddly errors are the HARDEST to find --especially if you aren't a Network guru.

Now I have to work out how to actually CONFIGURE the JAVA server -- next problem.

Cheers

jimbo

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi James,

Please check installation guide for CE7.11 versions...there you can find to CONFIGURE the JAVA server.

[Install & Configure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1]

Hope this will helps you.

Regards,

Arun Jaiswal

BogdanRadziejow
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use win7 and connect to network via DHCP.

Unfortunately, I have the same problem.

an idea why?

thanks,