I've tried following EXACTLY two CE7.11 versions and the CE 7.12 Netweaver developer edition trials -- but after the home page I always get 500 Internal Server Error with a lot of diagnostics
*"Application error occurred during the request procession."*
*Details: com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to retrieve client for current request. Causing exception is nested.*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.task.Task.getClient(Task.java:493)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.wdc.um.ClientUserFactory.checkAuthentication(ClientUserFactory.java:200)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.um.AbstractClientUserFactory$1.checkAuthentication(AbstractClientUserFactory.java:151)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.sal.um.api.WDClientUser.checkAuthentication(WDClientUser.java:214)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.checkAuthentication(RequestManager.java:681)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.clientserver.session.RequestManager.doProcessing(RequestManager.java:212)*
* at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.serverimpl.core.sessionctx.AbstractExecutionContextDispatcher.delegateToRequestManager(*
* ......Loads more errors*
Now I MUST be doing something idiotic but I just can't find out what's wrong -- Both the server boxes are GREEN, I have plenty of storage on the workstation and have followed ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY including ensuring the database has been started correctly.
Turned of ALL firewalls just for simplicity -- no difference.
The initial home menu page appears correctly but if I click on ANY of the options then I get the error noted above -- and that's on 3 totally different CE installations.
Any ideas --the ABAP trial system installed fine on another workstation --its the JAVA one I have problems with
Found it -- really a STUPID error -- I was running the system with its own IP address so localhost wasn't 127.0.0.1
For the ABAP stack I did have a loop back adapter st the localhost had the correct address
sometimes these tiddly errors are the HARDEST to find --especially if you aren't a Network guru.
Now I have to work out how to actually CONFIGURE the JAVA server -- next problem.
Please check installation guide for CE7.11 versions...there you can find to CONFIGURE the JAVA server.
[Install & Configure SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b057d7e3-b89e-2b10-1e9e-c426e967f8e1]
Hope this will helps you.