cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java System Copy ends with License Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello - We are performing a system copy from one AS-Java Machine to another. Both are running SAP NetWeaver 7.0 EHP1 SP5.

-

Export from Source without errors.

Import to Target ended with errors.

-

The error complains we had a perm license installed and a temp cannot be installed. It also complaiins that the "External System is not available" but the database is verified available. The JLAUNCH procs do not exist but at this point of the procedure I wouldn't expect them to be. Got most of the way thru the system copy procedure and ended with the following error:

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

-

Thanks. Steve

-

ERRORS Captured:

INFO 2010-03-08 14:44:44.435 [syuxcpath.cpp:351]

CSyPath::createFile()

Creating file /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/licenseinstaller.log.

TRACE 2010-03-08 14:44:44.613 [syuxctask.cpp:1382]

CSyTaskImpl::start(bool)

A child process has been started. Pid = 876590

INFO 2010-03-08 14:44:44.624

CJSlibModule::writeInfo_impl()

Output of /usr/java14_64/bin/java -classpath /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/install/sharedlib/launche

r.jar -Xmx256m -Xj9 com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLicense /usr/sap/Q

O1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/secur

ity/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/w3c_

http.jar:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/install/lib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CEN

TRAL/AS-JAVA/install/sharedlib:/usr/sap/QO1/JC00/exe/db2jcc.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/JC00/exe/db2jcc_license_cu.jar /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW7

01/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/licenseinstaller.properties is written to the logfile licenseinstaller.log.

WARNING 2010-03-08 14:44:51.923

CJSlibModule::writeWarning_impl()

Execution of the command "/usr/java14_64/bin/java -classpath /tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/install/s

haredlib/launcher.jar -Xmx256m -Xj9 com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.tools.offlinelikeyinst.InstallFirstTempLi

cense /usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jce.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_jsse.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/

SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_smime.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/security/lib/tools/iaik_ssl.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/SYS/global/securit

y/lib/tools/w3c_http.jar:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/install/lib:/tmp/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COP

Y/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/install/sharedlib:/usr/sap/QO1/JC00/exe/db2jcc.jar:/usr/sap/QO1/JC00/exe/db2jcc_license_cu.jar /tmp/sap

inst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/DB6/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/licenseinstaller.properties" finished with return code 13. Output:

PerfTimes : loadNativeLayer: loading jperflib failed. jperflib (Not found in java.library.path)

No matching license keys found.A permanent license key for "J2EE-Engine_DB6" already existed in the system. You can't install anothe

r temporary license key for "J2EE-Engine_DB6".

TRACE 2010-03-08 14:44:51.926

NWException thrown: ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.j2ee-eng.tempLicense.sysNotAvailable:

Error when installing temporary license. DIAGNOSIS: External systems are not available. SOLUTION: Check connection to DB and messagi

ng service.

TRACE 2010-03-08 14:44:51.927

Function setMessageIdOfExceptionMessage: ind-rel.ind-os.ind-db.j2ee-eng.tempLicense.sysNotAvailable

WARNING[E] 2010-03-08 14:44:51.928

CJSlibModule::writeError_impl()

CJS-20019 Error when installing temporary license. DIAGNOSIS: External systems are not available. SOLUTION: Check connection to DB

and messaging service.

TRACE 2010-03-08 14:44:51.929 [iaxxejsbas.hpp:483]

EJS_Base::dispatchFunctionCall()

JS Callback has thrown unknown exception. Rethrowing.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same issue and errors today, and I was able to fix it using the Config Tool.

File > Configuration Editor

Configurations > Licensing > System_Info

When a system is permanently licensed, you can see 4 entries (long strings). At this point, sapinst had removed my two permanent license entries.

I removed the temporary license J2EE-Engine_DB6.

Then I hit retry on the sapinst, and my system copy import finished sucessfully.

M-J

Former Member
0 Kudos

M-J,

I encountered the same issue and removing the old licenses via the config tool resolved!

Thanks,

Sean.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to get passed the error and install a valid license after the system copy completed. To get passed the error, I used the following syntax with sapinst:

./sapinst SAPINST_SKIP_ERRORSTEP=true

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve -

Did you figure this out? I am having the same problem.

Thanks,

Lara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to SAP Notes:

94998 Requesting license keys and deleting systems

870871 License key installation

These will help you with any license queries/issues.

Regards,

Snehal Bhaidasna

SAP Labs, USA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you please provide log file information licenseinstaller.log ?

Thanks,

Harshal