Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP programming exercise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Can somebody shed light on this exercise how to approach,design and code.

ABAP Exercise

A customer wishes to collect data about Assets stored in various geographically diverse locations. The data to be collected about each Asset will vary, depending on the type of that Asset. Many users will collect this information, and sometimes more than one user will collect information about the same asset at the same time. This information will eventually be updated into the Assets in ECC6.0 backend system.

Create a system for ECC that will allow: a) collection of different data for different Asset types; b) update of same asset by multiple users; c) posting of collected data to the ECC Assets. You can make your own custom (u201CZu201D) tables and functions/interfaces, use standard tables/functions/interfaces, or any combination of custom+standard to achieve the results. Explain the reasoning for your architectural/design decisions, any limitations it has, and any issues or pitfalls that you find. In case no R/3 system is available please write up the interface and table design, as well as program flow(s), etc.

Regards

jai

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys

I am working in ECC.

Anybody know which table should i have to fetch for below queries in abap programs.

a) collection of different data for different Asset types;

what are all the main asset table to relate and fetch asset datas as per Asset types.

pls provide some reference or sample coding if possible

b) update of same asset by multiple users;

Which transaction we can update asset by multiple users?

Do you think i need to use ztables for above task? any suggestion could be more valuable.

Thanks

jaichan

0 Kudos

Hi,

There are so many tables related to Assets:

Here few tables are related to assets.. Please check the tables depends on u r requirement.. I kept few kind of tables in bold..

Try to get the exact one depend on u r requirement..

Please check the list of tables:

Table Name Short text

ANEA Asset Line Items for Proportional Values

ANEK Document Header Asset Posting

ANEP Asset Line Items

ANLT Asset Texts

T5PBSR1P Asset Type

T5PBSR1PT Text For Asset Type

TISR1 Asset Type According to Regulatory Accounting Requirements*

Edited by: lakshmi.podile on Mar 15, 2010 2:02 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderator message - Please do not post your requirements and ask the forum to do your work for you - post locked