cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is ESA (Enterprise Services Architecture) ?

saif_sabri
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know about what is ESA, brief introduction with example.

Whether it is new advance name of ERP?

-

My observation is that ESA is a merger of ERP, CRM, SCM

It is new name of Industry Solution that cover all the area of business.

Thanks

Saif Ali Sabri

Message was edited by: Saif Ali Sabri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181887
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ESA (now called Enterprise SOA) is SAP view on the SOA concept. There is an extensive section here in SDN on the topic. It is the Enterprise SOA section on the left navigation panel.

With regard to the ERP renaming part, mySAP ERP will not be renamed but it will move to use and implement the Enterprise SOA concept as an application built on the concept. SAP NetWeaver is architecture and infrstructure implementation of Enterprise SOA.

I really urge you to have a look in SDN for more information and on the SAP Service Marketplace (http://service.sap.com/ESA).

Cheers,

Mike.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

here is a fine link to a great source for further E SOA explanations (basics and advanced).

The link forwards you to the ESACup 2006 soccer game, where you may learn more about E SOA via training your team for the ESACup (nice prices, like PSP or iPod available)!

<a href="http://esacup.wdf.sap.corp:1080/">ESA Cup 2006</a>

Join the competition!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Reinhard,

you should either:

1) post a Link to some SAP internal thingy in your intranet

or, much better

2) remove the registration restriction being SAP employees only at the moment

regards,

anton

Message was edited by: Anton Wenzelhuemer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saif,

Firstly, ESA = SOA + business context. So when we are talking about ESA adoption, it means SOA plus business process oriented view of technology. ESA, itself is not a technology layer. It is a business focued approach to a services-oriented enterprise architecture adoption. So while all the patterns of SOA apply, ESA will talk about how to align business and IT. It will talk about IT governance models, for that matter. It will talk about how organizations need to realign for transforming into an agile enterprise. The ESA composer (can be compared to ASAP roadmap content) has a lot of content for organizations on ESA adoption phases. I am sure as more content and case studies are added, it will be easier to customers to adopt ESA.

Hope this Helps.

Regards

Navaneeth Jalagam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saif ,

I will try to bring ESA to its Granules.

ESA circles around 2 Cs They are Composites and Components.

Components --> Are the systems in your landscape i.e R/3, CRM, APO and also non SAP system etc.

Composite --> are the business processes cutting across your system landscape. For example Order-to-Cash. Which involves R/3, CRM and other customer system. This are nothing but xApps.developed by SAP or Partners

Component and Composites are connected or build based on the Netweaver Platform called as Business process Platform.

It looks like this

Composite <-> Netweaver Platform <-> Components

Architecture which supports this business model is called

ESOA (Formally called ESA).

I hope this will give you some idea about ESA.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Saif ,

Pls dont change the rewarded points.

This will really demotivate us to answer the questions posted by you.

I dont understand what exactly you are looking at.

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saif,

ESA is the style or a methodology to build applications which reflects SAP's 30 years of experience and latest IT advancements such as webservices.

ESA helps you in building Flexible applications which can adopt the changes whenever occured in the market.

Remember ESA is not a product nor a design for single product ,we can't buy it.

ESA is sap's new vision and we can realize this using Netweaver.

Please surf in SDN We have plenty of informationon on ESA.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

just finished your ESA sales training 1.0?