cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remote client copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm doing remote client copy from Production to QAS using SAP_ALL. Customer just provide us time about 2 days. But

this client copy running too long until we need to cancel since not enough time. Any idea that I can speed up this client copy?

The production database size is 68,344,896kb. We use 6 parallel process. Sometimes in sm50 I can see the client copy job

on hold and sleep? Wat does it mean, is it because of this reason our client copy taken too long to complete.

Please advise.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you analyzed SM21, ST22 , SCC3 logs?

Also check the CPU/Memory availability at Source & Target Systems. Two copy processes per CPU count are recommended.

Have you disabled Archive log mode in ur QAS system before performing actual Client Copy, this can be helpful in speedup the client copy process ? Before activating/deactivating archive mode Offline backup of System DB is recommended to guarantee the Complete DB Recovery.

DB Reorganization and Updating DB Statistics in Source system's DB before Client copy, can speedup the Client Copy process.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavik,

For sm21, st22 and scc3 everything are fine. No error found and the copy was fine, the only thing is too slow.

CPU/Memory availability at Source & Target Systems -> for this one i think i not really check. Maybe next run I will

check on it. Let say CPU/memory is in too high usage what shall I do? Stop the copy and perform a stop/start sap and

after that restart the client copy? Is it working with this way?

Archive log has been disabled. For update statistics, it already ran one hour before the client copy start. Only thing I not perform here is db reorganization.

Any other way? Some said that by doing client export and import. Anyone know the step? Maybe someone can provide

me the step.

Thanks.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Any other way? Some said that by doing client export and import. Anyone know the step? Maybe someone can provide

> me the step.

I suggest just checking the documentation:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp1/helpdata/en/69/c24c0f4ba111d189750000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution is by doing client export and import.

It's really fast by doind client export/import

than doing remote client copy.