cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRANSPORT ROUTE PROBLEM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We have configured the TRANSPORT ROUTES has from sandbox --> Virtual System, & in DEVELOPMENT (DEV) --> Virtual Sytem, & the same QUALITY (QA) --> Virtual Sytem , & for PROD --> Virtual Sytem

Actually we are creating the request in Sandbox System . We are manually adding the request to DEV, QA, PROD to the transport quee manually.

But my part is there a way to configure the transport route in Sandbox. So that it automatically request goes to the quee.

Kindly help on this matter

Thanks

S SURESH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

totally 5 servers ( 1 DEV , 2 QA , 2 PROD )

You can achieve this kind of STMS configuration by enabling Extended Transport Control feature of STMS. You can enable Extended Transport Control feature by specifying the CTC parameter to 1 in your TP_DOMAIN_<DOMAIN_SID>.PFL Profile.

You can create two consolidation Route and One Delivery Route to achieve your requirement. After enabling that Extended Transport Control feature the Transport Route can be designed as followed:

SND   ->> Consolidation Route pointing to -->> DEV  ->> Consolidation Route pointing to -->>  Transport Group(/ECQ/)--->> QA1 & QA2  -->> Delivery Route from QA1 & QA2 pointing to-->>  Transport Group (/PRD/)  -->>  PRD1 & PRD2 Systems

Please understand the above mentioned Transport route carefully.

In Transport Group properties You can specify the Target System and its corresponding client(s) into which you want to transport the changes. The corresponding Routes will be created automatically.

1. Include the Systems in STMS ([TMS Domain|http://help.sap.com/SAPHELP_NW70/helpdata/EN/60/e560ce591b11d2b413006094b9ea64/frameset.htm]) by add/approve method in 000 Client.

2. Open Graphical Editor in STMS.

3. Drag the Systems to create required Transport Routes

4. Assign Transport Layers to Consolidation Transport Route(s) for Non-Standard and Standard SAP Objects.

5. Distribute the TMS Config. Change to the Systems in TMS Domain.

You can refer the following BASIC Documents to get required technical configuration details for the same.

[Configuring TMS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/1c/2ddc0901db11d284870000e8a57770/frameset.htm]

[Configure Transport Routes using Graphical Editor in STMS|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/44/b4a2a27acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm]

[Transport Management System (BC-CTS-TMS)|http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCCTSTMS/BCCTSTMS.pdf]

[Transport Layers and Transport Routes|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/57/38de0c4eb711d182bf0000e829fbfe/content.htm]

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks BHAVIK for the reply & documents .

i have query in 1 steps :

i am having the problem in last delivery route :

when i create an transport route for delivery , its asking delivery source ( 1 & 2) & delivery target System ( Transport Group (/PRD/) )

for delivery source ( 1 & 2 ) , its accepting only 1 delivery source , 2nd delivery source ( its showing blank )its coming does not exists .

Kindly help on this step.

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am having the problem in last delivery route :
when i create an transport route for delivery , its asking delivery source ( 1 & 2) & delivery target System ( Transport Group (/PRD/) ) for delivery source ( 1 & 2 ) , its accepting only 1 delivery source , 2nd delivery source ( its showing blank )its coming does not exists .

1. I hope within Target Trans Group /PRD/, you already have provided Target system & Client information.

Upon Including Target Transport Route the corresponding Trans. Routes will be created automatically .

2. Add Transport Route.

You are using Edit -> Trans Route ->Add Transport Route (F6) option while creating Delivery Route ?

Please Do not select Edit->Trans Route-> Create....option.

After choosing "Add Transport Route (F6)" You will have to draw/point the source & destination. The delivery route will be created accordingly.

In your case, for one Delivery route, the Source will be QA1 and target will be /PRD/ Target Trans. Group. And for the other Delivery Route the source will be QA2 and target will be /PRD/ Target Trans. Group.

Your whole STMS Trans Route config. will look [like this|http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=TsI32Sr]. In this image, the Target client info was not provided.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply .

i have applied the same architecture which was in the image.

Can u know help me after creating this Transport routes, then can u expalin me the steps to be followed .

i have rewarded the points for this also

Thanks

S SURESH

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

After Creating the required Transport Routes according to included Systems, You will have to SAVE the Work done. You will have to Save your changes via Save Button. You will have to provide short description like "3 System Landscape TMS" in the next pop-up Screen.

After this You will have to Distribute and Activate the configuration by following the next pop-up screens.

Select "Distribute configuration to all systems" option in next pop-up screen.

Refer the following links to get more information.

[Distributing the Transport Domain Configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW04/helpdata/en/44/b4a15d7acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/content.htm]

[TMS Configuration|http://bbs.cenet.org.cn/UploadImages/200581112435749207.pdf]

The above steps will end the TMS configuration activity.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply

when i click on " Distribute configuration to all systems " . it is giving error " Configuration is not completely distributed "

& can u tell me after this step . wether we have to add any parameter in application level . & we have any steps in apllication level (SAP ) .

At the backend how will configure this path in all system .

Thanks

S SURESH

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope, You have included all the required SAP Systems into your Transport Domain Controller by Include/Approve scenario. Then U have configured the required Transport Routes along with CTC=1 tp profile parameter activation.

Now, you can Logon to client '000' of the Transport Domnain Controller. Then Start Transaction STMS & therre you can select the Transport Route option and select the change option (do the required changes) and then Save. You will be prompted to distribute the configuration, there select 'Yes'. This should now distribute the Configuration.

All TMS configuration steps should finished without any errors/warnings.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick reply .

After doing all these steps when i click on distribute the configuration, there select 'Yes'. i am geeting the error illegal node ID in node value table in sap

Kindly help on this issue .

Thanks

s suresh

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the global trans directory access and authorizations for all included systems for <SID>adm users.

If the TMS configuration is giving more errors/warnings, i would prefer to re-configure it from scratch.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavik,

i have configured the *extended transport control *in STMS , According to our landscape .wether if we relase the request from SANDBOX , wether it will automatically move to all servers .

If its not , Kindly tell me how this procedure will work .

Thanks

S SURESH

former_member524429
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Based on the configured Transport routes, Once you release the change request, the released Change request will be seen in the Import Queue of the next immediate SAP system(s) or SAP System(s)'s clients as per the configured transport route(s).

Then upon successful importing of the the Change request in the required clients, it will be inserted in the Next immediate SAP System(s)'s import queues.

The main thing is that your TMS should be configured with required Transport Routes, Transport Layers, Target Transport Groups, etc..etc without any errors/warnings.

Regards,

Bhavik G. Shroff

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavik for the response you have given till now .

I have one more query .

i have comfigured the extended transport control feature in the sandbox. server , now i want to know what should be configured in the dev, quality server , production server

Kindly explain on this .

i have given points for before session

Thanks

s suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi bhavk

I am waiting for the reply . as we have deadline for this configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavik,

I have configured Common transport directory with NFS in all the system . i have mounted a new file system with the name (/export/usr/sap/trans ) in all system except in Sandbox Server , because we have kept that this has the source system .

Now the problem is in the parameter of all the system , if i kept TRANSDIR = export/usr/sap/trans , then also its not picking

this directory its taking only ( usr/sap/trans ) .Kindly help on this issue.what are the changes to be made in the parameter .

Thanks

S SURESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Bhavik,

For testing the configuration . i have just configured 3 system landscape (dev --> QA --> Prod ) if i relase the request the request is just moving to qualty server , but not to production server , Kindly help on this issue

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

is there anyone to reply ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

Request released from Dev first gets loaded in import queue of QA only.

Once you import it in QA, request will get loaded in Prod import queue automatically.

This is SAP standard.

-roshan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks roshan for the reply

i have did the same way.. then also request is going from dev --> qa , but not porduction

Former Member
0 Kudos

please check the following:

- do you have a common trans directory?

- transport profile (TP_DOMAIN_<SID>.PFL) has the entry for Production system?

- did you [Distribute the Configuration|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/b4a0f57acc11d1899e0000e829fbbd/frameset.htm] from STMS of Domain controller?

-roshan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you saying you want a four-level transport landscape, Sandbox->DEV->QA->PROD? You should be able to create that in STMS by creating two consolidation routes, SBX->DEV and DEV->QA, and then a delivery route QA->PROD.

Does that help?

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Steve for the quick reply

ya it helps somewat.

actually my problem is we have totally 5 servers ( 1 DEV , 2 QA , 2 PROD ) & we are creating the request in SANDBOX . So all the request should go from Sandbox.

So i want to know how to configure the transport route path for this. & if any Kindly mention step by step . tat will be much mor e helpfull for us ..

Thanks

S SURESH

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To be clear on your requirement, you are looking for a landscape that looks like this:

SBX->DEV->QA1->PRD1
      |
      |-->QA2->PRD2

That is, requests go from SBX to DEV, and from there to both QA systems at the same time, and then independently from each QA system to its corresponding PROD system. Is that right?

To do that, you'd want a consolidation route from SBX to DEV, and then delivery routes from DEV to QA1 and DEV to QA2, and further delivery routes from each QA to is corresponding PRD.

Step-by-step:

• In transaction STMS, choose Overview->Transport Routes, and switch to change mode (Configuration->Display<->Change)

• If you haven't done so already, create a transport layer (Edit->Transport layer->Create)

• Create a consolidation route (Edit->Transport route->Create): Integration system = SBX, consolidation system = DEV

• Create 4 delivery routes (Edit->Transport route->Create again): source = DEV, delivery = QA1; source = DEV, delivery = QA2; source = QA1, delivery = PRD1; source = QA2, delivery = PRD2

Does that make sense? I confess, I haven't done this - I never set up a branching landscape - but I believe this should work. If not, I'll dig further...!

Steve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

i have configured as per the landscape mentioned by you . but from the front end , remaining what are the steps to be done, to get the transport route fully getting configured.

Thanks

S SURESH

steverumsby
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

All you should really need to do after that is make sure your local development classes (packages) are configured to use your transport layer. You will also need to make transport layer SAP work the same way, I think, for standard configuration change requests to follow the same route. Sorry - I forgot that step...

As I said, though, I've not actually done this so I can't promise it works! Also have a look at Bhavik's suggestion above - that also looks like it should work.

Do please let us know if either of these solutions work.

Steve.